YZ-2 DT Edition 1/10 2WD Electric Buggy Kit (Dirt) by Yokomo
The Yokomo YZ-2 1/10 Scale Electric Buggy has reached it's next progression with two updated mid-motor buggy offerings; this Dirt Edition and the Carpet/Astro Edition (YOKB-YZ2CA). Both buggies now favor a 3-gear transmission over the previous 4-gear, but are tailored to their respective track conditions.
The YZ-2 DT Edition (Dirt) features the taller and shorter transmission of the two buggies. The 3-gear tranny has been made with a slightly higher CG, but places the mid-motor more rearward compared to the Carpet/Astro Edition. The Dirt Edition transmission also incorporates a gear cover not found on the Carpet/Astro Edition, as well as the necessary ball differential.
To accommodate this updated transmission location, an updated chassis, rear shock tower, upper arm mount, battery plate and wing stays are used. Also found on the The Dirt Edition is an updated steering plate arm. This updated chassis is not the same dimension as the older conventional YZ-2 chassis.
For use on low/med grip surfaces.
YZ-2 Dirt Edition Updated Parts:
- 3 Gear Box for DT
- Motor Plate for DT
- Gear Box Support for DT
- Rear Shock Tower for DT
- Rear Upper Arm Mount for DT
- Wing Mount for DT
- Battery Plate for DT
- Steering Arm Plate for DT
- Standard Gear Cover for DT
- Main Chassis for CA/DT
- Midship gear box (3-gear/graphite)
- Sleeve insert steering hub carrier (capable of 0°/2.5°/5° caster)
- Graphite steering plate
- Front flat type suspension arms
- Rear High Traction type suspension arms
- Hard-Anodized aluminum main chassis (for DT/CA)
- Aluminum top shaft
- Aluminum steering bell crank
- Aluminum front suspension mount
- Aluminum rear suspension mount (capable of 0° - 4° anti squat and 2.5°/3°/3.5° toe-in)
- Graphite battery plate
- Ball differential (carbide diff balls, 3/32")
- Big bore X33 shocks (featuring original size X-ring)
- All-around series shocks springs
- Standard YZ-2 body
- Narrow high downforce wing
- Full ball bearings
- C-clip universal drive shafts
- Aluminum 12mm wheel hexes
- Steel turnbuckles
- Pinion gear included
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel radio system
- Electronic Speed Control
- Steering servo
- Battery pack
- Compatible battery charger
- 1/10 buggy tires & tire glue
- Polycarbonate paint for body
NOTE: This kit includes a plastic front ball stud mount (YOKB2-300U); not the aluminum one pictured (YOKZ2-300FU).
This product was added to our catalog on April 6, 2016.
Otherwise awesome build and beautiful car)