"Yeti" 1/10 4WD Electric Rock Racer Kit by Axial Racing
This product was added to our catalog on January 15, 2015.
This is the Axial "Yeti" 1/10 Scale 4WD Electric Rock Racer Kit. Now in kit form, the Yeti is a skillfully engineered rock racing vehicle with a solid rear axle and independent front suspension. Its distinct aesthetic and technical elements were inspired by full-size desert trucks. Its strategically engineered design supplies bashing stamina while delivering a high level of technical rock racing abilities without compromise in either category. This kit version will accept standard 1/10th scale brushed and brushless 4-pole systems and most major stick pack batteries. Precision machined aluminum shocks are standard equipment and deliver smooth suspension movement for consistent handling.
- ROCK RACING: Rock Racing is the next up and coming form of R/C off road racing. Enthusiasts are taking it upon themselves to go back to the dirt with tracks composed of loose surfaces and big rocks. It's distinct aesthetic and technical elements were inspired by full-size desert trucks and various off road vehicles, especially rock racers, which are built for high speed performance through flat desert sections, and durability when tackling extreme off road terrain.
- SKILLFULLY ENGINEERED: The Yeti is a skillfully engineered rock racing vehicle with a solid rear axle and an independent front suspension that supplies unforgiving bashing stamina while delivering a high level of technical rock racing abilities without compromising in either category.
- INDEPENDENT FRONT SUSPENSION: The Yeti™ is equipped with an Independent Front Suspension [IFS] system to help maintain high speed stability when running through a diverse range of terrain. Every rock the Yeti™ will encounter is individual. They come in random sizes and are scattered throughout the course, making the terrain varied from one side of the vehicle to the other. The IFS system allows you to better control the intended direction of travel at high speeds when one side is adjusting to overcome road obstructions. This stability that the IFS front end provides is paramount when rock racing.
- 2.2 FALKEN WILDPEAK M/T TIRES: The WildPeak All Terrain tire has amazing traction on many surfaces, even with its rather conservative pattern. This fact alone has had the entire industry on the edge of their seats waiting to see what the Falken rubber will be able to do with a more aggressive pattern. The WildPeak M/T version of this tire is here, albeit in a prototype stage. These prototypes are already being put through their paces by the who's who of the off road world. With tremendous success in competitive rock racing, this tire is already in very high demand. The Axial S30 compound will offer the performance you have come to expect from Axial.
- 2.2 METHOD IFD™ BEADLOCK WHEELS: Based off the Method MR101s these officially licensed wheels dressed in an aggressive all black style are easy to assemble and they work with most 2.2 tires. The hub design allows this wheel to mount to any Wraith™, AX10™ or SCX10™. Our IFD™ (Interchangeable Face Design) wheel system makes it easy to dress up with a new look.
- ICON ALUMINUM SHOCKS: These featured Icon Vehicle Dynamics aluminum shocks feature precision machined pistons which offer smooth performance throughout the range of travel. Made to tight tolerances, these aluminum shocks feature clear coated polished aluminum bodies and are threaded for quick ride height adjustments and pre-load tuning ability.
- HEAVY DUTY BEVEL GEARS: The heavy duty gear set offers you improved gear mesh reducing slop in the drive train. In addition it helps add weight low down which helps keep the center of gravity low and on the rocks where you want it. Made from high grade steel and hardened for increased strength.
- ALUMINUM LOWER LINK PLATES: Includes Hard Anodized 2mm Aluminum AX31245 Lower Link Plate Set (Aluminum) (4pcs) for added durability and stiffness of the rear 4 link suspension.
- M4 THREADED ALUMINUM TURNBUCKLES: Hard anodized aluminum M4 threaded turnbuckles on the independent front suspension for added tuning.
- UNIVERSAL AXLE SET: Our universals provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain. The universal is made of hardened steel so it's capable of handling extreme power.
- AR60 OCP-AXLE: The AR60 OCP-Axle is constructed from high strength composite material which has a low flex rate but is not as brittle as standard glass filled nylon. The combination of our axles and a true 4-link suspension gives you optimal performance for any terrain with the look of a real 1:1 vehicle.
- Off-center pumpkin design
- Axle tubes are reinforced with a boxed-in axle truss
- High strength composite material
- LONG TRAVEL REAR SWAY BAR: The pursuit of horsepower and the ability to put the power to the ground is one of the main aspects of offroad racing. This unique torsion bar design with long pivot arms used in conjunction with the long travel suspension is designed to help control the torque twist associated with massive power. This system also helps reduce body roll and adds stability at high speeds.
- 4-LINKED REAR SUSPENSION: The Yeti™ features the proven AR60 rear axle with a completely new 4-linked rear suspension. The Yeti™ chassis offers three upper link positions to adjust the anti-squat. The lower link mounts can be flipped to change the roll center. These advanced tuning options will help you get the most performance from your rig.
- WB8 HD WILDBOAR™ REAR DRIVESHAFT: The WB8 HD rear driveshaft features an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
- 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube.
- Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes.
- 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area providing more strength for the ball joint.
- Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw design for more durability and easy maintenance.
- WB8 HD CENTER CVD JOINT: The WB8 HD Wildboar™ Driveshaft Joint is employed from the transmission to the front bulkhead. It features an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength.
- DUAL SLIPPER CLUTCH: Our dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. This allows for more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications.
- PROTECTIVE TRANSMISSION COVER: Helps keep dirt and debris out of your pinion and spur gear for a quiet and efficient drivetrain, and it also prevents any loose wires from getting chewed up!
- HI-LO TRANSMISSION: The Axial Hi-Lo transmission was specifically designed for the Yeti chassis. With all metal internal gears, this full ball bearing transmission has the strength to endure the harshest rock racing environment and brushless power. The factory gearbox comes as a single speed with the high gear installed for high speed fun. The integrated motor mount features a wide range of movement for endless gearing options. Optional two-speed transmission component sold separately.
- DUAL SHEAR STEERING RACK: Updated dual shear steering rack with full ball bearings and machined steel guide posts - AX31192 Steel Steering Post.
- RECEIVER BOX, WATERPROOF: The waterproof receiver box is integrated into the bottom of the Yeti™ chassis. Three different silicone seals are included, one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. No more stress when running in mud, water, or snow!
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE BATTERY TRAY: The integrated battery tray can be easily accessed by removing the two front body pins and pivoting up the entire body. Gain full access to the battery trap door by removing the remaining body pin. The battery tray is fully height adjustable with four button head screws, making room for most standard sized 2S and 3S LiPo battery packs.
- REALISTIC SCALE DETAILS: Realistic scale details include: polycarbonate interior tray with molded driver figures and dashboard, three white styrene helmets, molded exhaust outlets, molded grill, molded headlight buckets, and molded hood vents. The body bolts to the scale Y-380 cage assembly using multiple mounting points. Includes realistic driver figures complete with a race suit and three interchangeable helmets. A motocross, open skull-face or motorsport version of the helmet are included, choose your own style!
Length: 19.5" (495mm)
Width: 12.3" (312mm)
Height: 7.7" (195mm)
Wheelbase: 14.2" (360mm)
Ground Clearance: 2" (50mm)
Weight: with electronics: 6.5lbs (2.9kg)
Needed to Complete:
- Transmitter, Receiver & Servo
- ESC & Motor
- Battery & Charger
- Polycarbonate Paint for Body
- CA Glue