YD-4 4WD Drift Car Kit by Yokomo
This product was added to our catalog on August 4, 2017.
The Yokomo YD-4 4WD Drift Car Kit delivers the controllable performance required to produce an exciting run under any circumstances. Even in a run-through scene that requires you run your machine on the edge while you match your opponent, control is the most important factor! Tanso (Single / Solo) runs that are performed at the limits of your machines ability and Tsuiso (Tandem / Battle) runs where you aim to match your opponent require precision control from the driver. This requires a sense of harmony between driver and chassis that cannot be achieved with just any chassis.
By lowering heavy objects and keeping the weight in the center of the chassis, it creates stability during a launch and increases stability at high drift angles. By gathering most of the mass towards the center of the chassis, excess momentum while pivoting is reduced. This allows for sharp drift initiations and transitions, while maintaining high stability and control-ability in a drift. In addition to shorty LiPo compatibility, A simple change of the battery holder location allows for use of a standard size LiPo (Square/Round).
Rigid H arm front suspension increases steering response and helps to increase line tracing accuracy. IStandard ‘H’ arm type suspension tends to have steering angle limitations and clearance issues compared to an ‘I’ arm. The YD-4 resolves this issue with an exclusive suspension arm that has a compact hub carrier. Its 55 degree maximum steering angle is the highest in its class. The steering block is a narrow scrub type to achieve neutral steering feel. The block also has added KPI for movement close to that of an actual car to achieve a more realistic drifting style.
A high precision steel slide rack type steering system allows precise Ackermann ratios - even at large steering angles - is supported by bearings on eccentric posts for fine clearance adjustments and helps to minimize wheel play.
Although it uses gears common to the Drift Package series in the front and rear, the gear cases have been redesigned to allow the center of mass to be dropped by 2mm. (When compared to the DP) The shock tower also sits lower but the new body post design allows for the rear shocks to be mounted vertically. The shock spring retainers are also redesigned to allow for long springs.
NOTE: Wheels, tires and electronics shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- High Efficiency Front Mid Shaft Drive 4WD
- Four wheel independent independent wishbone suspension
- High performance oil damper
- 3.0 mm thick high rigidity carbon graphite chassis
- 2.5 mm thick carbon graphite upper deck
- 4.0 mm thick carbon graphite shock tower
- Redesigned LCG design gearbox
- Redesigned LCG design Floating motor mount
- Exclusive slide rack type steering system
- Dedicated front one one way differential
- FCD x 1.3 Rear solid axle
- 57 degrees compatible Redesigned type universal shaft
- Redesigned narrow scrub knuckle
- Large rear diffuser
- High efficiency front-mid shaft drive 4wd
- 4-Wheel independent double wishbone suspension
- High performance oil dampers
- 3.0mm high rigidity carbon graphite chassis
- 2.5mm carbon graphite upper deck
- 4.0mm high rigidity shock tower
- Redesigned LCG design gear box
- Redesigned LCG design floating motor mount
- Slide rack steering system
- Redesigned YD-4 front one-way diff
- FCD × 1.5 Rear solid axle (Euro)
- Redesigned 57mm universal drive shaft
- Redesigned design narrow scrub knuckle
- Large size rear diffuser
Total Length: 434 mm (Including Diffuser)
Full width: 199 mm
Wheel base: 255 mm (adjustable)
Secondary reduction ratio: 2.35: 1
All equipped weight: 1500 g
Needed to Complete:
- 1/10 Drift Body & Paint
- Motor & ESC
- 2 Channel Radio System (minimum)
- Steering Servo
- Battery & Charger
- Drift Tires, Wheels & CA Glue