X-Vert VTOL Bind-N-Fly Electric Airplane / Multirotor Drone w/SAFE by E-flite
This product was added to our catalog on June 30, 2017.
The X-VERT™ VTOL gives you all the fun and versatility of a Vertical Take Off and Landing aircraft without the need for complex mechanics or fancy programming. It also makes the transition between multirotor and airplane flight as easy as flipping a switch. You can also take your flight experience to a whole different level using the optional and patent-pending FPV camera and servo-driven mechanism that transition automatically when the X-VERT does (FPV gear sold separately).
Sleek and Simple Design
A lot of VTOL aircraft require complex mechanisms like tilting wings and motors to achieve vertical and forward flight. The X-VERT park flyer's simple, tail-sitter design and SAFE® stabilization technology allow it to fly like an airplane or a multirotor using nothing more than differential thrust and its elevons. The simplicity of this design also makes the lightweight, EPO airframe remarkably durable.
Wide, Pilot-Friendly Flight Envelope
The light wing loading and efficient aerodynamics inherent in the aircraft's design play a big role in making it easy to fly, especially in airplane mode. Fast or slow, pilots will enjoy smooth, predictable response at any speed.
SAFE® Flight Control Software Makes it Easy
At the heart of it all is exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) flight control software that has been expertly tuned so almost any RC pilot can experience the fun of VTOL flight.
Making the transition between multirotor and airplane flight is as simple as flipping a switch. The flight controller will automatically transition the aircraft from one to the other using SAFE technology to stabilize everything so you can relax and have fun.
3 Flight Modes
The advanced flight control software features three flight modes that, along with the model's light wing loading and efficient aerodynamics, give you a wide range of performance.
- Multirotor Stability Mode: This mode allows you to take off and land vertically like a multirotor aircraft. It's also great for indoor flight. In this mode the aircraft's tail remains pointed at the ground while the flight controller uses a combination of differential thrust and elevons to control pitch, bank and rotation. Pitch and bank angles are limited, and SAFE technology will work to keep the model in a stable hover whenever you release the sticks.
- Airplane Stability Mode: In this mode the aircraft responds to pitch, roll and yaw commands like a typical airplane. SAFE technology limits pitch and bank angles so new pilots can experience airplane flight without accidentally rolling upside down or losing control. It will also return the wings to level whenever the sticks are released.
- Airplane Acro Mode with AS3X® Technology: In Airplane Acro Mode the model becomes an agile, fully aerobatic flying wing. There are no angle limits or self-leveling. The large, long-throw elevons will allow you to perform incredibly tight turns as well as a wide range of aggressive aerobatic maneuvers. And because you have the forward thrust of two brushless motors working for you, there is plenty of speed and power to spare. You can even use the differential thrust of the motors for yaw control to perform wild spinning and tumbling maneuvers.
As you fly, AS3X technology works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. It feels completely natural, too. It won't interfere with or limit your control in any way. You simply enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a much bigger aircraft.
Customize Your Trim Scheme
The included decal sheet gives you multiple trim scheme themes to choose from - a military theme with bomb and rocket decals, and different sport themes with vibrant colors. You can even personalize your trim scheme by mixing and matching decals from different themes.
You can also take your flight experience to a whole different level using the optional and patent-pending FPV camera and servo-driven mechanism that transition automatically when the X-VERT does (FPV gear sold separately).
Super-Simple Transmitter Setup
The model comes equipped with a Spektrum receiver that is built into the flight controller. It can be flown with any full-range, 6+ channel DSMX/DSM2 aircraft transmitter. No complex programming or setup is required. All you have to do is assign switches for the flight mode/transition changes and throttle arming.
- Multirotor versatility and sport plane agility
- Takes off and lands vertically in small areas
- Fly slow or fast and perform aerobatics in airplane mode
- Can be hand launched and belly-landed like a conventional wing
- Simple tail-sitter design and SAFE technology makes VTOL flying easy
- Stability and Acro modes that provide a wide range of flight performance
- Optional and patent-pending FPV camera and servo-driven mechanism (sold separately)
- 280-size brushless motors compatible with 2S 450-800mAh LiPo batteries
- Outstanding speed and climb performance
- Lightweight and extremely durable EPO airframe
- Colorful decal sheet with multiple trim scheme options
- Ready to fly within minutes of opening the box
- Propeller guards and vertical fins that are easy to install or remove
CG (Center of Gravity): 126-136mm (measured forward from the trailing edge of the wing)
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
Flying Weight: 6.4 - 7.0 oz (182 -200g)
Length: 10.40 in (264 mm)
Minimum Radio Required: 6 Channels (DX4e & DX5e will work)
Motor Size: 280 Brushless Outrunner 2600Kv
Propeller Size: 125x75 Left and Right Rotation
Recommended Motor Battery: 2S 450-800mAh LiPo
Servos: 4 gram servo
Wing Area: 120.4 sq in (7.8 sq dm)
Wingspan: 19.85 in (504 mm)
- (1) X-VERT VTOL Airplane
- (1) 3-in-1 Receiver/ESC/Flight Controller Unit
- (2) BL280 2600Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (4) Decal Sheets
- (1) User Manual
Needed To Complete:
- Full Range 6+ channel DSMX/DSM2 Transmitter
- 450-800mAh 2S LiPo Flight Battery
- 2S Compatible Battery Charger