XuGong v2/Pro Quadcopter Drone Kit by ImmersionRC
This product was added to our catalog on May 22, 2015.
This is the ImmersionRC XuGong v2/Pro Quadcopter Kit. Developed by FPV pilots, for FPV pilots, the XuGong v2/Pro is the FPV’ers Quadcopter! Designed to provide a fully immersive flight experience, and the ability to provide stabilized, high-quality aerial video footage from a tailor-made platform. The addition of an integrated brushless gimbal (optional - not included), a comprehensive onboard electronics board, and a host of other features make this the ultimate portable FPV quadcopter.
The XuGong features precision CNC-machined foldable arms, with a unique break-away pin. This pin takes the brunt of the punishment in the event of a hard landing, and can be easily replaced in the field. For even harder landings (sometimes referred to as crashes), the milled arms bend without breaking, and may be gently bent back into shape. Try to do this with a plastic arm!
Fully Integrated Power Distribution Board
A fully integrated Power Distribution Board (PDM) includes an EzOSD-based On-Screen-Display, with all of the critical flight data displayed. Not only is battery voltage, current, and battery mAh consumed displayed, but also a continuously updated estimate of remaining flight time. With the addition of a newly released EzUHF firmware revision, all critical uplink status is sent down the single PPM stream. No need for a second "i2c" link between the receiver and the OSD. Additionally, a built-in camera switch with automatic fail-over is included in case a camera fails.
Portable Sport Quad
The XuGong was designed to be portable, and fit easily in a small backpack. It can be taken on the ski-lift, carried up to a remote tropical island, or carried in a carry-on bag for the occasional international flight. This remotely piloted camera doesn’t require two pilots, nor a shipping container to transport it around.
The XuGong v2/Pro transmits all on-board telemetry to the ground, using the A/V down-link. Battery status, Uplink status (RSSI, Link quality, etc.), GPS position, are all available in the telemetry stream. The ImmersionRC Antenna Trackers can use this data to point a high-gain antenna directly at the model. The iTelemetry dongle provides an interface between this telemetry feed, and a smartphone/tablet, with applications available for the iOS and Android devices.
There are few products on the market that fold into such a small space, with just a few seconds required to unfold and fly. The props remain attached and no tools are required. Simply press, unfold, and fly!
Integrated Brushless Gimbal
An optional custom brushless GoPro gimbal, designed by one of the industry leaders, is available separately and has been integrated into the XuGong v2/Pro design. Pan and Roll signals are picked out of the single-cable Rx connection by the onboard OSD. Install a GoPro Hero 4 for stabilized 4k video footage. The Power Distribution board includes an on-board quiet switching regulator which powers the GoPro with no GoPro battery required.
- Compact Foldable Design
- Lightweight frame leads to > 20 minute flight times
- Built-in EzOSD, with multicopter enhancements
- Single-cable link to the EzUHF, with full up-link status
- Carbon fiber frame, CNC milled aluminum arms
- Integrated telemetry down-link
- USB port for future upgrades
Max. Prop Size: 10 Inch
OSD: EzOSD-based, with Multicopter additions
Flight Controller: DJI Naza Lite, -M, v2 recommended, others supported
GPS: Naza GPS pickoff (Position + static Magnetometer)
Camera Switch: Manual, between Flight Cam, and GoPro, with auto-failover
Camera Power: 1.5A for GoPro, FlightCam powered from Video Tx
Flight Cam: Bracket to mount FatShark CMOS 600TVL + others (optional accessory)
Weight: AUW, RTF, ~1.5kg (typical)
Folded Size: 24cm W x 30cm L x 14cm H
Suitable Battery: 5200mAh 4s 10C recommended (for 20 minute flight times)
Suitable Motors: 2212/920kV, DJI E300, or Tiger AirGear 350
Flight Time: Typ. 20 min
- Power Distribution board, with built in OSD, Camera switch, GoPro Power Supply (5.0 V), GPS Interface, Current/Voltage Sensor, PPM in/out
- 1.5mm Matte Carbon Fiber frame plates
- PPM in/out cables
- NAZA GPS Pickoff cable (this cable must be connected directly to the NAZA GPS. Connecting it between NAZA PMU and NAZA won’t work)
- GoPro cable
- FlightCam cable
- VTx video/audio cable
- VTx power cable
Needed to Complete:
- 5-Channel Aircraft Transmitter
- 5200mAh 4s, 10C LiPo Battery w/XT60 connector
- ImmersionRC EzUHF 4 channel cased (IRLEZUHF4), or 8 channel diversity receiver (IRLEZUHF8DIV)
- ImmersionRC EzUHF 500mW transmitter (IRLEZUHFTX1)
- ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz Video transmitter (IRL2101)
- ImmersionRC SpiroNET Omni Antenna
- DJI Naza Lite (DJI-NAZALSET), or v2 Flight Controller (DJI-NZMV2SET)
- FPV Camera
- DJI E310 Propulsion Kit (DJI-E310-4)
- (4) 2212, 920kv Motor
- (4) 15A ESC's
- (2) 10" Self Tightening CW Props
- (2) 10" Self Tightening CCW Props