The XRAY NT1.3 2021 1/10 Luxury Nitro Touring Car Kit is the next evolution in the NT1 story. Since the first release of the NT1 back in 2007, it has enjoyed some of the greatest successes around the world, and been one of the most popular nitro touring cars on the market. The success of the NT1 has been the result of ongoing development and improvement based on feedback from Team XRAY and customers worldwide.
Winner of multiple "Car of the Year" awards and dominating winner of all major titles – including World Champion, European Champion, USA Champion, Asian Champion and dozens of National champion titles all around the world – the NT1 continues to prove its unbeatable racing pedigree.
NOTE: Painted body, wheels and tires shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Black Design: Black anodized bulkheads.
- 2-speed Carrier: Redesigned 2 speed carrier with ribbed profile for improved, more consistent shifting. Machined from lightweight Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum.
- Drive Flange: Updated lightened drive flange with one way bearing. The lightweight design reduces rotating mass to improve the drive train efficiency.
- Brake Disc Adapter: Redesigned brake disc adapter is lighter by 25% to reduce the rotating mass for faster acceleration and improved braking response.
- Chassis: The chassis works together with the rear bulkheads, rear arm mounts, and front brace to create the flex adjustments to easily tune for varying traction levels or change handling dynamics. The chassis plate features a larger rear window for improved flex characteristics, and a revised mounting location for the front brace to simply installation and maintenance. The lightweight chassis is CNC-machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, strategically machined in low-stress areas to make it as light as possible without adversely affecting strength or rigidity.
- Front Chassis Flex Adjustment: The updated front brace mounts directly to the chassis plate, separate from the servo saver, for easier installation. Using the aluminum brace increases steering response and cornering speed; without the aluminum brace, the car is easier to drive and has more forward traction.
- Rear Flex Adjustment: The NT1 features rear flex adjustment. The chassis and rear bulkheads were redesigned in the way that allows two different flex settings that help to adapt the car to different tracks and traction conditions. There are two options to choose from:
- SOFT – Steel spacers are not used. The rear bulkhead extensions are not connected to the chassis, allowing more flex to generate more rear grip. Recommended for tracks with lower traction levels.
- HARD – Steel spacers installed. The rear bulkhead extensions are connected to the chassis using the spacers inserted between them. By increasing rear chassis stiffness, this setting decreases the rear grip but increases off power steering and rotation in the corners. Recommended for tracks with higher traction.
- Rear Suspension Multi-flex™ Technology: The rear suspension design features Multi-Flex™ quick adjustment to easily adapt the handling of the car to track conditions and tire options. There are three different flex characteristic choices.
- Soft: Steel spacers and bracket bushings are removed. This allows maximum flex of the rear suspension and generates maximum rear traction. Recommended for low-traction tracks, or spec tire races that require larger diameter or harder handout tires.
- Medium: Steel spacers are installed between the rear bulkheads and the chassis plates, but the bracket bushings are removed. This reduces the flex of the rear suspension and improves out-of-corner steering and rotation of the car, but also slightly decreases rear traction. Recommended for medium-traction tracks, or races allowing softer spec tires.
- Stiff: Steel spacers and bracket bushings are installed. This connects the entire rear suspension together, creating a stiff framework that creates more rotation and improves corner exit steering. Recommended for high-traction tracks, or when tires with additive are used.
This product was added to our catalog on September 4, 2020