X-Maxx 4WD Brushless RTR Monster Truck (Blue) by Traxxas w/2.4GHz TQi Radio & TSM
Traxxas X MAXX
Brutal Strength. Extreme Power. Massive Fun!
This is the Blue colored Traxxas X-MAXX 4WD RTR Brushless Monster Truck, with an included 2.4GHz Traxxas TQi Radio System and equipped with TSM (Traxxas Stability Management) technology.
The Evolution of Tough
The X-Maxx is a clean-sheet design, engineered from the start to take Traxxas Tough to a whole new level. Unrelenting 4X4 power, mammoth size, and ferocious determination makes this mighty monster a truly worthy successor to the Maxx legacy.
The full X-Maxx experience of strength, power, and agility relies on all the carefully engineered details that begin to emerge when you peel back the layers. Old conventions were discarded as every system and dimension was examined and taken to a level worthy of the Maxx® legacy.
X-Maxx is enormous. Size wins by giving you the advantage to power over and through extreme landscapes. Mammoth 8-inch tall tires, long-arm suspension, and huge ground clearance dwarf the surroundings for virtually unstoppable Monster truck fun.
Wildly over-powered, X-Maxx stays true to form with its Maxx DNA. 6s 22-volt dual-LiPo muscle and a Velineon 1600XL Big Block™ motor propel X-Maxx with brutal authority and an exacting quickness that completely defies its enormous size.
Before X-Maxx, monster trucks would sometimes roll over upside down, bringing the action to a screeching halt. Now, press a button and in most cases this exclusive patent-pending Traxxas innovation flips X-Maxx back over onto its wheels so that you can quickly get back to having fun.
- Modular Chassis Design: Interlocking modular chassis design keeps the motor and the gear drive together as a unit to virtually eliminate gear-crushing chassis flex. Plus, the design provides easy access to critical components, making any needed maintenance or repairs a snap to perform.
- Massive Grip: The wheels and tires are massive and so is the grip form the burley, super aggressive all0terrain tread. Add some modern style in the wheel and back it up with power for a combo that roosts dirt and gravel like a 450 dirt bike!
- GTX Aluminum Shocks: X-Maxx's long travel, super plush feel is assured with four enormous high-performance oil filled GTX aluminum shocks. The large oil volume dissipates heat for all day shredding while an integrated wiper seal keeps the shafts clean, reducing seal wear for long life.
- Shock Tower Design: X-Maxx's shock towers introduce an exclusive Traxxas look that offers rigid, triangulated structure and an authentic off-road look that fills in the wheel openings of the truck. They also serve as a convenient carry handles and provide level supports for the X-Maxx when placed upside down for cleaning.
- Rock-Solid Motor Mount: The motor mount design cradles the motor so it can't flex on the mount. Gear mesh is held firmly in place by keyed pins so there's no need for tricky adjustments. Eliminating flex means longer gear life, even in the most punishing conditions.
- Monster Travel: Achieving X-Maxx's huge suspension travel, tight turning cirle, and incredible strength required hundreds of hours of modeling, development, and testing to package all of that capability in these sophisticated components. Exciting visual form follows unsurpassed functions and performance.
- Waterproof From the Start: Waterproofing Traxxas models has never been an afterthought. Patented Traxxas innovations seals out the water so that your playground doesn't end when the fun involves water, snow and mud. Dirty Truck? Just hose it off. The new style box allows fast radio access without removal.
- Double Sheer Connections: X-Maxx uses double sheer connections when the missing requires incredible strength. Suspension hinge points, shock mounting, and even the steering servo output shaft are engineered to redefine Traxxas Tough. Captured, high strength steel suspension pins are used though out and will never unscrew or "back out."
- Steering Authority: A new servo was created to deliver the strength and the torque necessary to give X-Maxx unmatched steering authority. The quick steering and tight turning circle, combined with advanced suspension geometry, gives X-Maxx nimblesness and control that is unexpected in such a large vehicle.
- Impact Cushions: X-Maxx is equipped with new energy-absorbing impact cushions behind the front and rear bumpers to help soften the blows and make X-Maxx even more durable in demanding situations - even the unexpected ones.
- CV Driveshafts: High-strength steel driveshafts were engineered to maximize suspension travel, steering angles and overall durability. The differential outputs are splined for incredible strength, and they center bolt to the differential for easy cleaning and service. Splined wheel hexes eliminate axle pins that require through holes that create a weak point in shafts.
- Fan Cooled Slipper Clutch: Traxxas' unique slipper design features a dual-fan arrangement for enhanced cooling. The slipper clutch absorbs shock loads on the driveline and gives X-Maxx the strength to blast full throttle across the most challenging and rugged terrain.
- Aluminum Splined Driveshaft: The tough aluminum center driveshaft carries the power to the front and rear differentials. Splined drives are used throughout for precise engagement, incredible strength, and smooth running.
- Steel Differentials: X-Maxx differentials are all steel to handle the rigors of challenging off-road situations. The differentials are sealed and filled with heavyweight oil, which gives the feel of limited-slip differentials. What the driver feels is confidence as the X-Maxx power slides through turns with massive roost and total control.
- Full Contact Sealed Bearings: X-Maxx is equipped with full contact sealed bearings in outboard locations to keep out the grime and grit. Less downtime for cleaning and maintaining bearings equals more up time for X-Maxx... up in the air that is, as you power over your favorite jumps.
Length: 29.84 inches (758mm)
Front Track: 21.26 inches (540mm)
Rear Track: 21.26 inches (540mm)
Ground Clearance: 4 inches (102mm)
Weight: 19.1lbs (8.66kg)
Height (ride): 13.79 inches (350mm)
Wheelbase: 18.92 inches (480mm)
Shock Length: 7.4 inches (187mm)
Tires (pre-glued): 8.0x4.0 inches (203mm)
Wheels: 4.3x5.7 inches (110x145mm)
Speed Control: Velineon VXL-6s
Motor (electric): Velineon 1600
Overall Drive Ratio: 8.24 (stock, out-of-box)
Differential Type: Sealed, Hardened Steel Bevel, Limited Slip
Gear Pitch: 1.0-Pitch
Chassis Structure/Material: Composite Nylon Tub
Brake Type: Electronic
Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
Radio System: TQi™ 2.4GHz Transmitter with TSM receiver
Servo: Torque: 365oz. Speed: 0.17 sec/ 60 degrees(6.0V)
Top Speed: 35+ MPH with two 3S LiPo Batteries
Skill Level: 6
Battery Tray: 197mm x 51.5mm x 44mm
Required Batteries: 4 "AA" (transmitter)
Needed To Complete:
- (4) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
- (2) 3S LiPo Battery w/Traxxas iD Connector
- Compatible Battery Charger
This product was added to our catalog on September 21, 2016.