XL-5 Waterproof ESC w/Low Voltage Detection by Traxxas
$1.99 Flat Rate Shipping!
This item is eligible for $1.99 flat rate shipping Learn More
This product was added to our catalog on December 9, 2010.This is the Traxxas XL-5 Waterproof ESC. Designed and engineered by Traxxas, the XL-5 Electronic Speed Control handles the elements while smoothly supplying power to the motor. This high-performance ESC is packed with impressive specifications that are normally only found on more expensive high-end replacement units. The XL-5 features a completely waterproof design, three throttle profiles, Thermal Shutdown Protection, 4-8 cell compatibility, and built-in BEC. High frequency operation combined with ultra-low resistance make the XL-5 an efficient and ultra-smooth fully proportional speed control. An exclusive feature on the XL-5 is the patent pending Training Mode™. This profile reduces the overall power output of the XL-5 by 50% making it easier for young or new drivers to develop their control skills before unleashing full-power operation. The XL-5 is manufactured by Traxxas to ensure the highest level of quality and support. The XL-5 is backed by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty.
Traxxas High-Current Connector:
The XL-5 ESC is equipped with the Traxxas high-current connectors for restriction-free current flow.
Patent-Pending Training Mode:
An exclusive feature that places the XL-5 ahead of the pack is the patent pending Training Mode. This feature reduces the overall power output of the XL-5 by 50% making it easier for new drivers to control their model. When they’re ready, simply change profiles to unleash full-throttle action. Only Traxxas has it!
XL-5 Waterproof ESC Features:
- Innovative water sealed design
- 15-turn motor limit for 540 size motors
- 12-turn motor limit for 550 size motors
- Fully-proportional forward, reverse, and braking control
- Programmable with three drive profiles:
- Sport Mode – Fwd / Brake / Rev
- Race Mode – Fwd / Brake
- Training Mode – 50% Fwd / Brake / 50% Rev
- EZ-Set® push-button setup
- Multi-color LED
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Efficient, low-loss MOSFET design
- High-capacity heat sink
- Smooth, high-frequency operation
- Easy installation in Traxxas models
- Backed by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics warranty
- Input voltage: 4-8 Cells (4.8 to 9.6 Volts DC)
- Case Size: 1.23"W x 2.18"D x 0.61" H
- Weight: 2.44 Ounce
- Motor Limit:
- 15-turns** (540 Size)
- 12-turns** (550 Size)
- On Resistance Forward: 0.007 Ohms
- On Resistance Reverse: 0.014 Ohms
- Peak Current - Forward: 100A
- Peak Current - Reverse: 60A
- Braking Current: 60A
- Continuous Current: 14A
- BEC Voltage: 6.0 VDC
- BEC Current: 1A
- Power Wire: 14 Gauge / 5"
- Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 9"
- Transistor Type: MOSFET
- PWM Frequency: 1600 Hz
- Thermal Protection: Thermal shutdown
- Profile selection:
- Sport Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, 100% REV
- Race Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, no REV
- Training Mode: 50% FWD, 100% brakes, 50% REV
- Single-button setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set®