XB4 Machined 2+2 Piston (4) (2x1.5mm/2x1.1mm) by Avid RC
This is a pack of four optional Avid RC 2x1.5mm/2x1.1mm Machined 2+2 Pistons. These pistons represent Avid's latest development concept which helps tune high speed and low speed damping separately. This simple solution is a 4 hole piston with 2 large 1.5mm holes and 2 small 1.1mm holes (Avid calls it the 2+2 piston), and Avid's test drivers found that these pistons help provide the traction and bump handling of running lighter shock oil or larger piston holes, while still maintaining the control of running heavier oil or smaller hole piston when taking on jumps.
For more information on Avid piston applications and tuning recommendations, click here.
- Fits XRAY XB4 Shocks.
- Machined round with a tighter fit to bore of the shock body for less blow-by.
- 2+2 valving offers increased traction without sacrificing jump handling or driveability.
- Each package includes 4 pistons inside of a Doodad container printed with AVID logo.
- Use 1.5+1.1 piston in XB4 Front. Start with 35 wt Associated oil (425 cSt). For XRAY oils, use 450 cSt.
- Use 1.6+1.1 piston in XB4 Rear. Start with 30 wt Associated oil (350 cSt). For XRAY oils, use 350 cSt.
This product was added to our catalog on June 7, 2013.
The do fit just fine, however, and they seem well made.)