X1 2016 Luxury 1/10 F1 Chassis Kit by XRAY
This product was added to our catalog on December 9, 2015.
This is the XRAY X1 2016 Luxury 1/10 F1 Chassis Kit. Formula 1 racing is the pinnacle of automotive racing technology where performance and technologies employed challenge the very laws of physics. Inspired by full-scale Formula 1 race cars, XRAY presents the X1 based on XRAY’s European Championship-winning X12 pancar. Sharing many high-performance parts with its smaller cousin, the X1 has incorporated all of the finest details to achieve a state of race car perfection.
XRAY focused its efforts on refining all of the already well-thought-out parts and assemblies to make the new X1 easy to drive, work on, and adjust. Designed in virtual reality using the world's most sophisticated CAD technology, and manufactured using the world's best machining and molding machinery in-house, the X1 has attained a level of top perfection that is second to none.
All parts are purpose-designed and manufactured by XRAY from premium materials including legendary Hudy Spring Steel, premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, high-grade custom-formulated graphite material, and our own blends of composite materials. Everything on the X1 is premium with maximum attention to detail, so all parts fit and work perfectly together.
- Updated floating servo system
- Updated steering arm floating system
- Updated side tubes
- Updated rear link brace
- Updated rear pod upper plate
- Updated central mount plate
- Updated shock mounting system
- Updated rear wing
- Updated aerodynamic X1 body
- XRAY 1/10 Formula race car with authentic 100% self-developed XRAY parts, designed and manufactured parts by XRAY in Europe
- Legendary XRAY premium design, workmanship & material quality and unmatched attention to the finest details
- Simple yet effective and proven design, well thought-out details, unmatched precision in all details
- High-competition design with focus on ultra-low weight, resulting in super-lightweight construction
- Optimized for indoor carpet racing as well as outdoor asphalt racing
- Elegant in simplicity & effectiveness, the X1 is set to become the new standard in 1/10 Formula racing.
- CNC-machined from custom-manufactured 2.5mm high-grade graphite material with a specially-designed compound for carpet racing and asphalt racing.
- Super-narrow chassis front allows for maximum traction while keeping sufficient steering and cornering speed.
- Chassis design has optimal stiffness for excellent handling, flexibility for maximum traction, and ideal torsional stability.
- Superb handling on either indoor or outdoor tracks, on carpet or asphalt.
- Improved steering response and optimal side-to-side weight transition.
- Rear graphite brace holds battery in place, and provides a solid mounting base for the side shock.
- Battery placement can be quickly changed from inline to cross-chassis, to offer ideal weight balance depending on track conditions; composite battery backstops eliminate battery movement.
- Laydown steering servo orientation for lowest CG at chassis center
- Front center shock mount is positioned in the absolute chassis center for perfect side-to-side weight transfer.
- Chassis and rear pod feature pre-drilled centerline holes for optimum weight balance adjustment using HUDY Balancing Tool #107880
- Front suspension:
- Strong, simple, fully adjustable, yet smart and ultra-efficient front suspension
- High-grade graphite lower & upper suspension arms and arm mount plate
- Tiny, strong composite pivot balls for smooth, bind-free operation.
- Adjustable front caster via eccentric bushings for front upper plate: 3°, 6°, 9°, and 12°
- Adjustable front camber via eccentric bushings for front upper arms: 1.0°, 1.5°, 2.0°, and 2.5°
- Adjustable front upper & lower roll centers via included shims
- Adjustable front track-width adjustment via included wheel axle shims.
- Independent floating servo mounting system: choice of independent or fixed position
- Tiny, robust 4-spring servo saver protects the servo from impact damage. Provides precise steering and consistent handling, while making the car easier to drive.
- Pre-drilled chassis holes to accommodate either a micro or mid-size steering servo.
- Centralized servo position for perfect steering characteristics
- Centrally-positioned servo saver arm with selectable Ackermann positions
- Servo arm mounting: choice of standard mounting or independent floating
- Adjustable bumpsteer characteristics via included shims
- Steering backstops mounted on lower arms allow adjustment of maximum steering angle
- Super-tiny yet robust steering blocks with multiple Ackermann positions, and ultra-precise inner hole for kingpin ensures wobble-free assembly.
- Super-smooth hardened steel kingpins
- Adjustable, lightweight aluminum turnbuckles for front toe adjustment
- Rear pod:
- Compact, ultra-lightweight rear pod design with composite rear pod links located closer to chassis centerline.
- Narrow rear pod design gives improved steering response and optimal side-to-side weight transition.
- CNC-machined pod bulkheads made from premium extra-hard Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, additionally black coated for long life and stylish look.
- Rear pod upper plate made from strong graphite plate is the base for the central shock, the platform for the side tubes, and it connects the front chassis assembly with the rear pod.
- Rear graphite brace features multiple wing height mounting positions.
- Smart pod design accommodates all motors, allows for super-easy motor access.
- Pod pivot brace features an ultra-small and lightweight pivot ball for smooth movement.
- Eccentric composite bushings are included for ultra-fine rear ride height adjustment.
- Ultra-precise, micro-size side shock is machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, and is silicone oil filled to ensure constant and ultra-smooth damping.
- Lateral damper side tubes for smoother, more consistent operation.
- Linear side springs for more consistent and smoother compression for smoother out-of corner exiting, and reduction of traction rolling.
- Well-proven XRAY racing shock from touring car platform.
- Interchangeable internal parts, with fixed 1-piece precision pistons which are available with 3 different-diameter holes for damping adjustment: 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2mm with 2 and 3 holes.
- CNC-machined Swiss 7075 T6 alu shock body, hard-anodized, with fine external threading for quick & easy shock spring preload adjustment.
- Super-soft silicone shock O-ring for smooth operation while preventing oil leakage
- Ultra-finely finished hardened shock shaft.
- Self-centering shims hold the shock O-rings, for perfect alignment in the shock body.
- Finely-threaded aluminum shock lower cap secures the silicone O-rings and shims in the shock body.
- Super-soft silicone membrane, supported by a miniature foam pad, provides proper damping characteristics.
- The 2.2 linear shock spring provides the best balance between traction, stability, and steering response; a complete range of optional springs is available for further fine adjustment.
- CNC-machined ultra-precise wheel axles made from premium HUDY Spring Steel™ are additionally hardened and hand-ground for precision fitment.
- Ultra-strong lightweight hollow steel axle for maximum reliability and reduced rotational weight
- Rear differential with high-grade precision carbide balls for spur gear, hardened & precision-ground D-shaped steel shims, and premium carbide axial thrust-bearing.
- Precision-molded spur gear made from XRAY's exclusive composite material, ensures true running, super-quiet operation, and robustness for use with powerful motors.
- CNC-machined rear hubs made from lightweight aircraft aluminum, specially lightened and black-coated for stylish looks
- Rear left alu wheel hub features a center-balanced clamping mounting system, ensuring secure mounting while eliminating vibration and run-out.
- Full set high-speed, blue-sealed, steel ball-bearings used throughout the drivetrain and steering to ensure maximum efficiency. All bearings are degreased and oiled with AeroShell® Fluid 12 for maximum smoothness and long life.
- Easy rear track-width adjustment via included shims
- Body & Aerodynamics:
- Robust body posts mounted on the solid platform on alu stands, featuring fully-adjustable body holders.
- Multi-part front spoiler consists of composite bumper and Lexan™ downforce spoiler.
- Composite front chassis bumper is very rigid yet flexible to provide superior protection.
- Lightweight Lexan™ front spoilers – choice of low or high downforce spoilers for difference track conditions.
- High-efficiency, high-strength, adjustable-downforce rear wing with adjustable mounting height position on rear pod
- High-performance, low-profile aerodynamic X1 body made from high-quality premium Lexan™ material for maximum versatility in most track conditions. Rear air channels direct airflow onto rear wing. Body sides as well as cockpit sides are as flat as possible to direct airflow around the body for maximum stability. On the rooftop, two flow channels are incorporated for proper air flow. An integrated helmet ensures the body is legal for races where a pilot figure helmet is required.
Class: 1/10 formula
Width: Adjustable 180mm front, 185mm rear (depends on tires used)
Ready-to-run weight: 985g (varies depending on equipment used)
- X1 '16 Kit
- Front wing
- Clear body
- HUDY Diff Grease
- Authentication Certificate
- Parts list
- Exploded view
- Shock oil
Needed To Complete:
- 2.4GHz Radio System
- Steering Servo