Wraith "Spawn" 1/10 4WD Electric Rock Racer Kit by Axial Racing
This product was added to our catalog on May 29, 2015.
This is the Axial Wraith "Spawn" 1/10th 4WD Electric Rock Racer Kit. The Spawn kit is packed with performance upgrade parts that you get to add during the build. The bombproof AR60 OCP axles carry the Spawn through the most rugged environments, whether blasting through the wide open desert or hammering its way through the toughest rock trails. The 2.2 Maxxis Trepador tires are a proven standard, wrapped around Method IFD beadlock wheels. Whether you are rock racing or backyard bashing, the Wraith Spawn is ready for action.
- AXIAL WRAITH™ ROCK RACER: The Wraith™ Spawn is ready for rock spitting, dirt slinging, action. It's designed to tackle the rocks with ease and blast across open desert at full attack speed. The Wraith™ is tough as nails and prepared for any terrain.
- FULL TUBE FRAME COMPOSITE CHASSIS: The Wraith™ Spawn features a realistic full tube-frame chassis design that is manufactured with high strength composite materials. The Spawn IS BUILT TO GO FAST and is not just a low speed rock crawler.
- REALISTIC SCALE DETAILS: The Spawn includes a realistic driver figure complete with a race suit and three interchangeable helmets. A motocross, open skull-face or motorsport version of the helmet are included. And, the Spawn body is compatible with Wraith, AX10 and SCX10 chassis, and it comes clear with window masks and a complete set of decals so you can customize it however you'd like.
- DESIGN PROCESS: For Axial wanted to create a body that had a classic feel with modern styling. To implement this idea, Axial's Design and Marketing teams brainstormed and discussed some of their favorite trucks and SUVs from the late-70s and early-80s. Taking those vehicles into consideration, the Design team then studied the iconic styling cues of these vehicles and began sketching ideas. As a result, they created a unique retro styled Axial SUV body - the Spawn.
- 2.2 MAXXIS TREPADOR TIRES: These fully licensed tires are molded in performance proven S30 compound for excellent grip on any off-road surface. The aggressive tread pattern provides excellent traction on mud, rock, sand and everything in between. These tires also feature a multi-stage staggered shoulder pattern providing improved control.
- METHOD IFD™ BEADLOCK WHEELS: Officially licensed Method 12 spoke beadlock wheels dressed in an aggressive all black style are easy to assemble and they work with most 2.2 tires. The hub design allows this wheel to mount to any Wraith, AX10 Ridgecrest or SCX10. The IFD™ (Interchangeable Face Design) wheel system makes it easy to dress it up with a new look.
- Three piece beadlock design
- Updated plastic hub adapter utilizes a standard 12mm hex
- Adjustable breather holes for fine tuning tire performance
- Compatible with most 2.2 tires
- Easy six screw disassembly
- 4-LINK SUSPENSION: The suspension geometry utilizes a 4-Link design which is optimized to reduce axle steer and to have the proper amount of anti-squat and roll characteristics. The 4-Link system also aids against suspension wrap-up in high power applications. The lower suspension links are machined from aluminum to reduce flex and provide precise control over the roughest terrain. Measuring 7x87.5mm, these 7mm oversized diameter aluminum tubes are threaded at both ends for easy assembly and make for a durable 4-link suspension.
- ICON ALUMINUM SHOCKS: These featured Icon Vehicle Dynamics aluminum shocks feature precision machined pistons which offer smooth performance throughout the range of travel. Made to tight tolerances, these aluminum shocks feature clear coated polished aluminum bodies and are threaded for quick ride height adjustments and pre-load tuning ability.
- DUAL SLIPPER CLUTCH: The dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. This allows for more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications.
- UNIVERSAL JOINT AXLES: The universal joint axles increase steering angle by 10 degrees over the stock dogbone/drive cup setup and provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain. The universal is oversized; a design you’d see on 1/8 scale vehicles, and it’s made of hardened steel so it’s capable of handling extreme power.
- WB8 HD WILDBOAR™ DRIVESHAFTS: The WB8 HD Wildboar™ Driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
- 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube.
- Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes.
- 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area providing more strength for the ball joint.
- Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw design for more durability and easy maintenance.
- RECEIVER BOX, WATERPROOF: The waterproof receiver box utilizes three different silicone seals: one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover.
- AXIAL AR60 OCP-AXLE™ (OFF-CENTER PUMPKIN DESIGN): True 4-wheel drive locked differentials are included for improved traction and an offset pumpkin provides more ground clearance and a better driveshaft angle. The rear axle has been shaved of any unnecessary items and steering linkages that normally stick down have been removed for as much ground clearance as possible. The AR60 OCP-Axle™ is constructed from high strength composite material which has a low flex rate but is not as brittle as standard glass filled nylon. The AR60 OCP-Axle™ tubes are reinforced and beefed up with a boxed-in axle truss to distribute stress over a larger area. The combination of these axles and a true 4-link suspension gives you optimal performance for any terrain with the look of a real 1:1 vehicle. A locked differential provides the most positive wheel traction in all off-road environments and conditions and requires less maintenance over oil-filled or silicone based differentials. These are easily serviced by removing four screws to gain access for rebuilding and performance tuning as well.
Length: 19.25" (490mm)
Width: 11.2" (285mm)
Height: 9.1" (232mm)
Wheelbase: 14" (355mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.8" (72mm)
Weight: 5.45lbs (2.47kg) with electronics
Needed to Complete:
- 2 Channel Radio System (minimum)
- AA Batteries
- Polycarbonate Paint
- Tools for Assembly