Waco YMF-5D .91-1.20 Scale Biplane ARF Kit by Great Planes
This is the Great Planes Waco YMF-5D .91-1.20 Almost Ready to Fly Scale Biplane Kit. A number of fast and sleek aircraft were developed during the Golden Age of Aviation, and few could compete with the Waco. The Waco's smooth lines and signature trim scheme were instantly recognizable even at the smallest airfields. The Waco YMF-5D offers the same timeless good looks and the benefits of modern technology. Great Planes' replica recreates the smooth, flowing lines and classic style perfectly with impressive size, stable handling and outstanding looks.
Unlike a scratchbuilt or kit-built Waco that can take months to complete, you can have this sport-scale ARF model assembled and in the air in just a few days. Each aileron has its own dedicated servo for easier installation and adjustment, as well as swift, dependable response thanks to the shorter linkage. Combine this with sport-scale detail, painted fiberglass and MonoKote film, and you have a model that will make you the envy of veteran pilots at any flying field.
- Cockpit Detail: This Waco delivers more than just good looks. Because the Waco was used as a 3-seat trainer and a mail carrier, parts to build both versions are included and simple to install.
- Engine Options: Engine options are plentiful. Choose from either a 2-stroke .91, 4-stroke 1.20 Glow or 25-30cc Gas Engine. So whether you prefer the power and scale sound of a 4-stroke, or the low operating cost, economy and the ease of use with of an electronic ignition equipped gas engine, the Waco has you covered.
- Detailed Cowl & Radial Engine: Installing the replica radial takes only a few minutes, and the cowl blister detail is factory-applied and ready for admiration. What's more, there are no screw holes to distract from the cowl's good looks. A hidden ring secures it "invisibly" for unmatched scale attraction.
- Painted Fiberglass Parts: The main gear is a scale version of the '34 original. Other painted fiberglass parts include wheel pants, struts and cabanes and fairings to ensure smooth transitions from the fuselage to the wings and landing gear.
- Tail: Tube engineering ensures that the horizontal stabilizer is perfectly aligned, as well as faster and simpler to install.
Wingspan: 72 in (1830 mm)
Wing Area: 1384 in² (89.2 dm²)
Weight: 12.75-13.75 lb (5.78-6.23 kg)
Wing Loading: 21-23 oz/ft² (64-70 g/dm²)
Length: 56.5 in (1435 mm)
Needed to Complete:
- Airplane Computer Radio System w/Mixing (4-Channel Minimum)
- 2-stroke .91, 4-stroke 1.20 Glow or 25-30cc Gas Engine & Muffler
- (6) Standard Size Coreless Ball Bearing Servos (Minimum)
- (1) Standard Size Ball Bearing Servo (Minimum)
- Receiver Battery & Charger
- Starting System
- (2) 16" [405mm] Servo Extension
- (1) 12" [300mm] Servo Extension
- (1) 30" [760mm] Servo Extension
- (1) 21" [533mm] Y-harness
- (1) 6" [152mm] Y-harness
- Miscellaneous Tools, Hardware & Accessories - See manual in resources tab for complete list
This product was added to our catalog on July 20, 2015.