Vulcan Outlaw Brushless Motor (10.5T) by Novak
This is the Novak Vulcan Outlaw 10.5 Turn Brushless Motor. Racers want a fast motor that suits the demands of World Championship-caliber racers and will survive in harsh track conditions. So, Novak engineers have taken the proven Ballistic platform to the next level with the Vulcan Spec brushless motor. With a high-RPM stator, redesigned endbells, and fresh rotor options; racers and power-hungry bashers have exactly what they are looking for. Like its predecessor, Novak’s Vulcan motors are 100% user rebuildable, tunable, and serviceable. The Vulcan series brings Novak’s 35+ years of racing experience, and its engineering-driven design team together for a blend of performance and quality that is un-matched and backed by a name you can trust.
Maximum power in spec-turn motors is what the Vulcan Outlaw series is all about. Rules go by the wayside as Novak engineers have designed the Outlaw for maximum speed. This motor features Novak’s ULR (ultra-low-resistance) stators that are wound for maximum copper fill and, simply put, make more power. The Vulcan Outlaw motors are perfect for tracks that use their own breed of rules, or for racers who want to unleash the full potential of a spec-turn motor.
Novak has been building sensored racing motors for over 10 years—longer than any other brushless motor manufacturer. The Vulcan is bred from these years of experience, uses high-quality materials, and has pride of craftsmanship.
- High Quality Steel: Novak uses the highest quality steel in the stators, and has developed a proven stator shape. Used to win countless races over the years, and proven to be one of the most efficient designs on the market. Vulcan stators have been updated slightly to increase the basic RPM range. Since the stators are interchangeable, the Vulcan Spec can easily be converted to an Outlaw motor or vice-versa.
- Red Wire: The wire is the coil of the motor, and Novak uses 100% made in the USA, 99.9% copper wire. The coveted red wire has been the talk of the racing world, and is used in each Vulcan motor.
- Larger Vents: The Vulcan utilizes an all-new, front endbell with larger vents and a one-piece front can to ensure maximum airflow and proper bearing alignment. The timing assembly has also been improved to allow easy, consistent, and a wide adjustment range. An easier to service motor means you are back on the track faster!
- Tuning Rotors: The Vulcan Spec and Vulcan Outlaw motors either include a 12.3mm or 12.5mm rotor depending upon the wind. For “outlaw” tracks, the 13mm and 14mm rotors offer more options for torque hungry racers. The Vulcan motors allow you to experiment for your perfect feel.
READY FOR THE BATTLEFIELD
Spec racing has been proven to be the ultimate battle ground. Aspiring pro racers, long-time local pros, spec-class cherry pickers, all come together to duke it out. Novak’s Vulcan Outlaw motors give racers the advantage due to the motor’s core design. Torque and RPM create the power, and how you get there has much to do with the efficiency. Solid and consistent power comes from an efficient design with no mask of crazy torque, or super RPM. The Vulcan motors have been developed to give racers the best balance of RPM and torque for today's generation of spec classes, gearing ranges, and vehicle designs. Early testing has been extremely positive and most have cried “cheater!" to our test racers.
COMPLETELY REBUILDABLE DESIGN
The new Novak Vulcan motors have the same race-friendly, Ballistic brushless motor design and is completely rebuildable. At the track, service and repairs are a snap, allowing you to get back to turning laps right away. Replaceable sensor harness, replaceable and tuning rotors, replaceable sensor board, replaceable stator, replaceable end bells and bearings- you name it. If the motor has it, you can pick up the spare part and be back in action in no time!
NOVAK BUILT AND SUPPORTED
Novak takes pride in its manufacturing facility in Irvine, California and also with its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak Vulcan Brushless Motor is built and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards. Each motor stator is hand-wound for maximum copper fill, and each motor is individually tested for consistency. The motors are also tuned to the same factory timing, run under a simulated load, and visually inspected, packaged and weighed to ensure the best product is sent to customers. All Novak products are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff and race team.
- Pro spec racing motor featuring a high RPM stator hand wound with Novak's American Red Wire for spec class racing dominance
- One-piece front can with large vents to ensure proper bearing alignment and maximum airflow
- Engineered by Novak to meet ROAR specifications (pending approval)
- Sensor-based system for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Rebuildable design with replaceable sensor harness, rotor, sensor board, hand-wound stator, sleeve, both end bells, ball bearings, and hardware
- Adjustable motor timing to allow fine tuning of motor feel and power band
- Removable shielded sensor harness plugs into a silicone-sealed gasket to keep dirt and debris from damaging the motor’s sensor plug, and keeps your sensor harness secure
- Oversized front bearing [1/2” x 3/16” (12.7 x 4.8mm)] for increased load handling and bearing life
- Nickel-plated, sintered Neodymium rotor with a 0.125” pinion shaft that accepts all existing pinion gears
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality and support, and a 1 year manufacturers warranty
- Designed and manufactured by Team Novak in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All brushless motors are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the track!
Motor Dimensions (540): 2.07x1.41" (52.6x35.8mm)
Weight: 6.1oz (173g)
Shaft Diameter (inches): 0.125"
Magnetic Material: High Strength Sintered Neodymium
Stator Insert Color: Blue
Rotor Diameter: 12.3mm
This product was added to our catalog on April 10, 2013.
Stay with spec.)