VS1 Competition Nitro Wood Tunnel Hull Boat Kit ARR by AquaCraft
FREE Shipping Eligible!
This item is eligible for Super Saver Shipping Learn More
This product was added to our catalog on May 17, 2011.This is the AquaCraft VS1 Competition Wood Tunnel Hull Boat Kit. Mike "Grimracer" Zaborowski developed the prototype for the VS1" 1999. At the 2000 IMPBA Internats, the design quickly scored its first championship win. Rather than rush the model into kit form, Mike took the time necessary to produce a top-quality tunnel hull that performed up to his highest expectations. The resulting kit used two construction techniques: wood over foam for the center section and framework with sheeting for the sponsons.
That winning formula is also found on this unprecedented, "pro-built" ARR version from AquaCraft. After only 6-8 hours of assembly, it delivers the same competitive muscle that has earned over ten national championships to date!
- Hull: Exceptional ARR quality continues this tunnel hull's winning ways. The sponsons are built-up wood; the hull center section, lightweight wood-over-foam construction. Both resist warping and are finished" high-gloss clearcoat.
- Radio Box: The water-tight radio box with clear lid protects your equipment and permits quick inspection without disassembly. Pull-pull cables, steering cable output guide and antenna mount assembly are included with the VS1" its premium hardware package.
- Hardware: Included hardware meets the performance and durability requirements of aggressive competition:
- Braided stainless steel pull cables
- Chrome clevises
- Custom pull wheel
- Radio box output guide
- Antenna mount assembly
- Remote switch assembly
- Lightweight ABS Cowl: The lightweight, durable ABS cowl features preinstalled doublers and nose block. It attaches and removes easily with GrimRacer cowl thumbscrews. Included decals give your VS1 a competitive look that can be customized for one-of-a-kind style.
- Fuel Tank: Designed by GrimRacer specifically for .21-size tunnel hulls, the VS1's included fuel tank offers 8 fl. oz. (236.5 mL) capacity. Also supplied is a mount that allows for easy tank installation and maintenance.
- Competition Wood Tunnel Hull
- High-quality wood with high-gloss, clear coat finish
- Proven GrimRacer performance hardware
- ARR Pro-built construction
- Race-winning heritage
- Lightweight wood, foam and ABS construction
- High-gloss, fuel resistant, natural wood finish
- Water-resistant radio box
- Molded waterproof radio box cable output
- 8oz molded plastic fuel tank
- Pull-pull steering system
Hull Length: 28" (711mm)
Beam: 11" (280mm)
Height: 5.25" (130mm)
Ready-to-Run Weight: 4 lb (1814g)
Needed to Complete:
- 2+ channel radio system
- (1) High-torque standard servo
- (1) Mini servo
- .21 Outboard Engine
- Electric Starter
- Nitro Boat Fuel
- Glow Ignitor
- Hand Crank Fuel Pump
- Fuel Line
- Fuel Filter
- Glow Plug Wrench
- Radio Box Tape
- Various Tools