VRP TLR 22 5.0 "Gamechanger" Shock Pistons provide a variety of 'smart' features that make them a one of a kind tuning option for serious racers. These pistons allow use with no changes to your setup, current oil choices, and have been designed around stock piston valving. The Gamechanger is adjustable, by simply flipping open the keyed valve - cover the hole for full pack, or flip the valve to partially cover the hole for less pack! Plus, the Gamechanger allows you to run lower ride heights to achieve a lower center of gravity than with stock pistons.
You will never have a buggy land, respond settle and be ready for throttle quicker than with the Gamechanger Piston. Many jumps and landings become a fluid motion with no chassis scrub or momentum loss. The pistons also make the car more true off the face of every jump because it does not dig or scrub. You will find it easier to manage jumps both taking off and landing like never before. This helps increase consistency and ultimately your racing success. Where your chassis scrubbed speed before, now it wont and you will gain valuable tenths around the entire track!
- Rebound System: Patented XV3 Quick Rebound System
- Compression System: "Smart" Reactive Compression System senses shaft speed and reacts as needed. The patented CFV (compression flex valve) allows the piston to have enhanced slow shaft speed, through high shaft speed compression.
- Slow Shaft Speed Compression: At neutral, it is as soft as any shock with a normal set of pistons with comparable valving. On the bench you will find the suspension is subtle. It is important that this stays in the range of what we run now as it allows the suspension to soak up bumps and give forward grip, as well as a responsive feel at the wheel. So the low shaft speed compression is very similar to what you now.
- High Shaft Speed Compression: At high shaft speeds like when landing a large jump, teh CFV will flex and partially cover some of the flow through the hole, and provide additional damping keeping the chassis off the ground. It flexes different amounts depending on the impact and the shaft speed, so it will respond accordingly. If for example, you were to land a smaller jump, the CFV will flex less and provide the correct amount of damping at the time needed. Once the shaft slows down, the valve immediately returns to slow shaft speed compression and the damping becomes softer.
- Carbon Fiber Compression Flex Valve: Engineered with 20 years of composite experience, the actual carbon fiber is made in house at the VRP facility in Houston. It is unique. From the carbon itself, to the resin it is made with, the properties are designed and tailored to the purpose. They are similar to a reed valve for a musical instrument and care should be taken when handling them. Treated properly, they will last the lifetime of the vehicle.
- 6 Possible Levels of Pack: The standard pack of the Gamechangers come with the middle "medium" carbon valve. This valve provides a medium level of pack that is a great starting point and gives you two possible pack rates that are right in the middle of the chart. There are two additional carbon valve shapes available separately - Narrow and Wide (VRP1570). This expands the possible pack range to six possible rates: Low-Low through high, all using the same piston. This will allow you to dial in the perfect pack rate for your track.
This product was added to our catalog on October 12, 2020