Vortex 150 Pro BNF Basic Quadcopter Drone by Blade Helis
Blade and ImmersionRC have teamed up to deliver the cutting-edge Vortex 150 FPV racer with Spektrum technology. It’s fully integrated, tuned and equipped so you can be competitive in a matter of minutes. Race-seasoned pilots can take advantage of a custom power system, cutting-edge 32-bit processing power and full-graphic jet fighter inspired OSD. Plus, there’s a programmable LED system you can customize to flash at the competition. Perfect for smaller courses or exploring the backyard or abandoned building, it’s durable and fun to fly. Falling well under the FAA legal limit for registration, the Vortex 150 shines as the perfect race platform for those looking to jump headfirst into FPV.
- Fully Integrated: Fully integrated into this machine is the flight controller, full-graphic OSD, BlackBox recorder, 40-channel video transmitter and a dampened flight camera. Loose wiring in the Vortex 250 Pro is virtually nonexistent for a professional look that’s easy to maintain.
- Seven 32-Bit ARM Processors: Not many mini-quads out there like the Vortex 150 racer can claim the cutting edge support of seven, fully integrated 32-bit ARM processors. There’s a dedicated ARM for the flight controller, another for the full-graphic OSD, another just for the programmable LED board at the back of the quad and one ARM for each of the four custom high performance ESCs.
- Tough Construction: Built to survive attempts at cutting down virtually anything in its path, the Vortex 150 is built to take a hit and keep on ticking!
- Fusion F3 with CleanFlight: The highly integrated Fusion F3 flight controller is equipped with CleanFlight firmware pre-loaded and a 32-bit processor for an out-of the- box control feel that seems almost intuitive. Plus, the software is future-proof with supporting updates easily uploaded via the robust USB port through-hole
- Dynamic Power Control: The Dynamic Power Control function of the video transmitter lowers power automatically when the Vortex 150 is disarmed or ready for a race to start so that interference from other racers on the line is minimized.
- Wireless Video Control: NexWaveRF 5.8 GHz video transmitter technology includes 40 channels of support so that it’s compatible with any 5.8 GHz A/V headset on the market. The integrated RaceBand system allows up to eight pilots to fly together and is controlled via the OSD so choosing the clearest channel is all done through the RC transmitter.
- ProTuned: The preloaded firmware has been ProTuned to make this quad fly like its on rails. You can explore other ProTune uploads and try out what some of the biggest names in FPV quad racing have shared so that the Vortex 150 Pro can fit your exact performance needs.
- Bright LEDs and Lost Model Alarm: A set of eight 24-bit RGB LEDs is protected between the upper and lower frames on the tail end. Through a dedicated 32-bit ARM processor, users can program a favorite color, brake lights, turn indicators or just about anything your imagination can conjure.
- Find it, Fast!: Integrated into the Vortex 150 is a lost model beeper that’s loud enough to be coined “ear piercing.” So if you ever cut loose, the ease of finding your Vortex 150 will help you get back into the game fast.
- Custom ESCs with OneShot125: The custom ESCs have a 22-amp peak, fast OneShot125 communication protocol and regenerative braking for response that’s cutting-edge. Each ESC has its own 32-bit ARM processor for the processing power to sustain intense maneuvering. Special rotorSENSE support means that the motor direction is simply programmed with the flick of a finger.
- Custom V-Spec Motors: The custom high-speed V-Spec 1304 brushless outrunner motors feature a high-speed rating and spin 3"propellers for the punch to accelerate quickly and conquer the most demanding race courses.
- BlackBox Recorder: Two megabytes of flash memory has been integrated for BlackBox flight log storage. This powerful capability combines the high-speed data in a way that makes tweaking PIDs (proportional-integral-derivative) to a very specific stabilization need simple.
- Full Graphic Display with EzOSD: The full-graphic On Screen Display (OSD) on-board provides in-flight updates of critical parameters. The EzOSD menu allows all options to be programmed in the field using the RC transmitter and a headset or monitor. Several OSD layouts are included. A real-time interface with the flight controller enables artificial horizons, fighter-jet style displays and an exchange of flight parameters. All OSD layouts include screen-center alerts for critical warnings such as battery voltage, EzUHF Link Critical and more.
- Bind-N-Fly® Completion: Now it’s possible to start enjoying high-performance racing virtually the moment you open the box. Just charge the battery, bind the model to your Spektrum™ DSMX® technology compatible transmitter and fly.
NOTE: A HAM license is required to operate the video transmitter in North America.
- Fully assembled and ready-to-race
- Industry leading Spektrum™ 2.4 GHz DSMX® technology
- ImmersionRC F3 Fusion 32-bit flight control system
- Durable airframe with 4mm carbon-fiber motor arms
- Future-proof BetaFlight flight controller firmware (pre-loaded)
- ProTune capability with built-in 2MB black-box recorder
- Full graphic heads-up display with complete on-screen control and telemetry
- Eight 24-bit RGB LEDs and super-loud lost model alarm (installed)
- Integrated 40-channel NexWaveRF 5.8GHz video Tx with Dynamic Power Control
- FatShark 700TVL CMOS v2 FlightCam with tilt adjustment
Approximate Assembly Time: No assembly required
Approximate Flight Time: Highly dependent upon battery and flying style
Charger: AC/DC 3S–4S Li-Po balance charger (required)
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
Display: Full-graphic with multiple layout options
Main Frame Material: Carbon Fiber
Main Motor Type: Brushless
Motor Size: Custom V-Spec 1806-3000Kv
Propeller Size: 3”
Recommended Motor Battery: 1350mAh 3s–4s Li-Po (required)
Rotor Type: Quadcopter
Weight: 415g (w/o battery)
- (1) Vortex 150 BNF Basic
- (1) User manual
Needed To Complete:
- A full-range 5+ channel, multi-function transmitter with Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX technology
- Fat Shark 5.8GHz compatible FPV headset and/or FPV monitor
- 3S-4S 500mAh (recommended) or 800mAh (capable) Li-Po Flight Battery
- Suitable Li-Po battery charger
This product was added to our catalog on March 27, 2017.