VIR-TUS Tuned Certified Pre-Run .21 On-Road Engine (Turbo) (Ceramic) by Novarossi
This is the Novarossi VIR-TUS Tuned 9-Port .21 Certified Pre-Run XLong Stroke On-Road Engine, with Ceramic front and rear Bearings. Developed for drivers that demand the best. The VIR-TUS takes Novarossi's recent engine advancements and packs them into an 1/8 on road powerhouse. The VIR-TUS features Novrossi's offset carburetor and narrow inner race bearing, and combines them with a 9-port sleeve, a slugged and ramped tuned crankshaft and an Evo 2 type cooling head that provides the power needed to compete at the highest level of competition.
Novarossi Certified Pre-Run Engines
Novarossi Certified Pre-Run engines are brand new engines that have been fired-up and run by a trained Novarossi factory professional. The engines are bench run for a period of time to assist in the break-in process, as well as to check for any mechanical flaws or running issues. Once finished, each engine receives a new glow plug and engine data (such as RPM) are recorded and documented on the included certificate. Note: Although the engines are pre-run, they are not ready for a race tune. It is recommended to run 3-4 tanks through your pre-run engine before leaning it out for a race tune.
- Carburetor: The offset carburetor position is patented and provides improved flow through the crankase intake, delivering improved fuel efficiency and a better power curve.
- Rear Ball Bearing: The design of the rear bearing features a narrow inner race, reducing the inertia of the rotating mass and increasing the engine's scavenging ability. The bearing, combined with the re-designed case provide increased throttle response and higher top speeds.
- Coolinghead: The 'Lighter & Lower Evolution 2' cooling head has been drilled and milled out to reduce the mass of the cooling head, lowering the Center of Gravity of the engine/car. The use of 6 screws instead of 4 provides a better seal between the sleeve, head button and the crankcase.
- Crankshaft: The slugged/ramped tuned crankshaft improves balancing. This will reduce the vibration produced by the rotating and the alternating masses.
- Sleeve: The sleeve has 9 transfer ports and an exhaust with booster ports. The special shape and position of the ports is covered by a patent, and improves the internal fluid-dynamics to provide maximum performance.
- Backplate: The shape of the rear cover helps to optimize the crankcase filling and reduces dead space. The steel plate helps to reduce friction and increases the life of the rod.
- Conrod: The R7 conrod is machined from super light aluminum that has been checked ultrasonically. The unique shape of the R7 rod creates less turbulence inside the engine.
- Gasket: The inner shape of the gasket has a new shape, and with that more material. Together with a change in material these gaskets are more resistant to high temperatures.
Recommended Tuned Pipes: 51009, 51010, 51011
Recommended Manifold: 41015, 41016, 41017
Recommended Glow Plug:
- C7TGF: For ambient temperature - 32°F/41°F (0°C/5°C)
- C8TGT: For ambient temperature - 41°F/104°F (5°C/40°C)
Displacement: 3.49 cc
R.P.M. (max power): 41,000 RPM
Practical Range: 6,000-46,800 R.P.M.
Bore x Stroke: 15.88x17.60mm
Sleeve: 9 ports
Rear Ball Bearings: Ceramic
Front Ball Bearings: Ceramic
Crankshaft: 14.5mm - tuned - turbo
Carburetor: Aluminum - 9mm - slide
Glowplug: Turbo (C8TGH)
Exhaust Position: Rear
Weight: 336 g
Fuel Type: 25% nitro
This product was added to our catalog on April 3, 2015.