VIR-TUS Certified Pre-Run .21 Off-Road Engine (Turbo) (Steel) by Novarossi
This is the Novarossi VIR-TUS Certified Pre-Run 7-Port .21 XLong Stoke Competition Off-Road Nitro Engine, with front and rear Steel bearings. Certified according to both European and World rules, the VIR-TUS.21 engine is guaranteed to shake things up in 1/8 off-road. The most unique and original feature found on the VIR-TUS.21 is an internationally patented carburetor position that has been offset from the engines center line. This unique design helps to improve the fuel flow through the crankcase intake and crankshaft, delivering improved balance, efficiency and power delivery.
Another unique feature found on the VIR-TUS is the crank case and rear bearing design that reduces rotating mass for increased throttle response and higher top speed. When you combine these features with Novarossi's patented 7-port sleeve, 6-bolt "Evolution 2" cooling head, a slugged/ramped crankshaft and ceramic bearings, the VIR-TUS is guaranteed to set new standards in the world of 1/8 scale off-road engines.
Novarossi Certified Pre-Run Engines
Novarossi Certified Pre-Run engines are brand new engines that have been fired-up and run by a trained Novarossi factory professional. The engines are bench run for a period of time to assist in the break-in process, as well as to check for any mechanical flaws or running issues. Once finished, each engine receives a new glow plug and engine data (such as RPM) are recorded and documented on the included certificate. Note: Although the engines are pre-run, they are not ready for a race tune. It is recommended to run 3-4 tanks through your pre-run engine before leaning it out for a race tune.
- Carburetor: The offset carburetor position is patented and provides improved flow through the crankase's intake, delivering improved fuel efficiency and a better power curve. The carburetor is a plastic, reverse type with a sliding throttle valve and three tuning needles for better idle and improved return to idle.
- Rear Ball Bearing: The design of the rear bearing features a narrow inner race, reducing the inertia of the rotating mass and increasing the engine's scavenging ability. The bearing, combined with the re-designed case provide increased throttle response and higher top speeds.
- Cooling Head: The 'Lighter & Lower Evolution 2' cooling head has been drilled and milled out to reduce the mass of the cooling head, lowering the Center of Gravity of the engine/car. The use of 6 screws instead of 4 provides a better seal between the sleeve, head button and the crankcase.
- Crankshaft: The slugged crankshaft reduces the vibration produced by the rotating and alternating masses, while the special shape reduces turbulence inside the case. The front portion has been extended to improve the seal and prevent leaking.
- Sleeve: The patented 7-port sleeve features a special shape and positioning of the ports with a boost port exhaust system. This improves the internal fluid-dynamics to deliver maximum performance.
- Conrod: The R7 conrod is machined from super light aluminum that has been checked ultrasonically. The unique shape of the R7 rod creates less turbulence inside the engine.
- Backplate: The shape of the rear cover helps to optimize the crankcase filling and reduces dead space. The steel plate helps to reduce friction and increases the life of the rod.
Recommended Manifold: 41021, 41029, 41030
Recommended Glow Plug:
- C5TGC: For ambient temperature - 32°F/50°F (0°C/10°C)
- C6TGC: For ambient temperature - 50°F/77°F (10°C/25°C)
- C7TGC: For ambient temperature - 77°F/104°F (25°C/40°C)
Displacement: 3.49 cc
R.P.M. (max power): 37,200 RPM
Practical Range: 6,000-40,500 R.P.M.
Bore x Stroke: 15.88 x 17.60mm
Sleeve: 7 ports
Rear Ball Bearing: Steel
Front Ball Bearing: Steel
Crankshaft: 14.5mm - turbo
Carburetor: Plastic- 9mm - slide
Glowplug: Turbo (C6TGC)
Exhaust Position: Rear
Fuel Type: 25% nitro
This product was added to our catalog on April 3, 2015.