Viking Model 12 280 Bind-N-Fly Electric Park Flyer Airplane by E-flite Advanced Aerobatic
This is the E-flite Viking Model 12 280 Bind-N-Fly Basic Electric Airplane. The Viking Model 12 280 is an aggressive 3D recreation of the sensational full-scale aerobatic biplane. Up front is a brushless 280-size outrunner motor that’s incredibly powerful on a 3S Li-Po battery. Lightweight molded foam construction helps deliver the best power-to-weight ratio and stunning finish of the Viking trim scheme. But it’s the specially tuned Spektrum™ AR6335 6-channel receiver with AS3X® technology that delivers a 3D park flyer without equal. That’s because the AS3X system has been specially tuned for this biplane to fight the effects of wind and turbulence so all you experience is a locked-in control feel comparable to flying an expertly tuned aerobat that’s much larger.
Whether you’re an experienced park pilot looking for a great 3D biplane or a 3D expert who wants a super-convenient aerobatic thrill machine, the E-flite Viking Model 12 280 is ideal. All you need to start flying today is your favorite full range 4+ channel programmable aircraft transmitter with Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM2®/DSMX® technology and a charged 450mAh 3S 30C 11.1V Li-Po battery.
- Control the Air: The advanced AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization - 3-axis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel AR6335 nanolite receiver delivers an incredibly solid feel in the air. It’s technology that works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining 3-axis sensing with exclusively tuned flight control software. As a result, your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced so that your air show passes can be laser-straight and 3D maneuvers can be performed with greater accuracy. It’s an aerobatic flight experience you get in the convenience of park spaces, but will have you feeling like you’re at the controls of an expertly tuned biplane that’s much larger.
- Brushless Power: A brushless 280-size, 1800Kv outrunner motor is matched to a 10-amp ESC and your 3S Li-Po battery to deliver exceptional 3D power.
- Digital Servos and 3D-Size Surfaces: E-flite® 3.5-gram super sub-micro digital servos deliver a high-rate of travel and great holding power to the 3D-sized double-beveled control surfaces.
- Lightweight and Strong: The highly tuned airframe features rigid foam construction which makes it possible to replicate complex detail and keep weight remarkably low.
- Vibrant Design: The stunning Viking Model 12® design and trim scheme is officially licensed by Jim Kimball Enterprises, Scandinavian Airshow and Aircraft Studio Design.
Wingspan: 22.2 in (565mm)
Overall Length: 24.4 in (620mm)
Wing Area: 197.0 sq. in. (12.7 sq. dm.)
Flying Weight: 8.80 oz (250 g)
Motor Size: 280-Size Brushless Outrunner (installed)
Radio: 4+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter
Servos: (4) 3.5 g digital servos (installed)
Prop Size: 6.8 x 3.5
Spinner Size: 1.37 in (35mm)
Speed Control: 10-Amp Brushless (installed)
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3S 450mAh LiPo
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed to Complete:
- 4+ channel DSM2- or DSMX-compatible transmitter
- 11.1V 3S 450mAh LiPo battery
- 3S LiPo battery charger
This product was added to our catalog on December 12, 2014.