Typhon 6S BLX Brushless RTR 1/8 4WD Buggy (Red/Black) by Arrma w/TTX300 2.4GHz Radio System
This product was added to our catalog on June 28, 2016.
The Arrma Typhon 6S BLX is an electric 1/8 buggy demands attention. From the local bashing spot to the club race track, the Typhon 6S means business out of the box. The low-profile Polycarbonate body shell is styled to turn heads, and race-inspired multi-spoke black nylon wheels are combined with a high-downforce rear wing for refined performance in the most extreme driving environments. With track-inspired handling and super-tough bashing build quality, the Typhon 6S can rip up your local dirt bowl, blast across a parking lot, or launch huge jumps at the skate park. The TYPHON 6S can do it all.
The Typhon 6S BLX combines tough construction with top-notch electronics for a vehicle that is as dependable as it is fast. Hit the throttle and massive power pumps through the BLX185 150A ESC and kicks the BLX 2050kV brushless motor into high gear, pounding out the torque needed to reach speeds in excess of 60 mph. Plus, the high-quality Tactic 2.4Ghz radio system, high-performance dBoots Tyres, and waterproof ADS-15M 208oz/inch servo are all included as standard equipment to help you stay in control. All you will need is a sense of adventure and an appetite for fun!
- 6S LiPo compatibility for extreme speeds
- Assembled chassis and finished body
- Tactic® TTX300 3-channel SLT™ radio with ADS-15M waterproof metal gear servo
- BLX 2050kV brushless motor
- Waterproof BLX185 150A brushless ESC with automatic setup
- Waterproof ADS-15M servo produces 208oz/inch (15KG/cm) of torque at 7.2v
- Aluminum motor mount for better heat dissipation
- Race-proven roll bars
- Adjustable servo saver
- Waterproof radio box
- Turnbuckle-tuneable suspension
- Aluminum servo horns for fast, responsive steering
- ARRMA mounted high-traction dBoots tires
Length: 20 in (508mm)
Width: 12.0 in (306mm)
Height: 7.2 in (183mm)
Weight: 6.6 lb (3 kg)
Wheelbase: 12.9 in (328mm)
Ground Clearance: 1 in (25mm)
Needed to Complete:
- (2) 2-3S 5000mAh 35C LiPo batteries with XT90 connectors or (1) 4-6S 5000mAh 35C LiPo battery with XT90 connectors (max dimensions 158x51x46mm (6.2x2.0x1.8")
- LiPo compatible charger with XT90 charging cable & charging bag,
- (4) AA batteries for transmitter
- Tools & Maintenance equipment
Anyway, the buggy was literally 100% ready to go, once I connected my fully charged 4S Lipo. Turned on the nice transmitter, and then the ESC, and you are ready to go. The fan in the ESC is very quiet, in fact, just audible, but it seems to be moving a lot of air. First I ran it with a single 5200mAh 4S 35C Floureon. It was so much faster than I'd imagined. It also handles incredibly well, even at full power. It is also incredibly good in the air, so far. Although it is quite heavy, it soars through the air, seeming to make itself land properly. Another nice factor is that you hardly need any room before a jump, the pickup is so fast and instant. The Typhon is so much fun for speedy bashing, jumping, or just fun buggy racing with some friends. I am still amazed and shocked every time I give it full throttle for a few moments! It sounds like a terrifying beast. Next try was 2 - 5200mAh 75C 3S Lipos in parallel, (so 6S, right?)
Well, I think it is the same as 6S, because the thing was even faster just by going with this battery setup. Both done with the buggy in full stock condition and trims, etc. I changed nothing. Anyway, I couldn't be happier, and my friend is now wishing he'd bought one instead of his Losi...
Arrma also seems to have a good current inventory of standard and both hop-up parts for this and other Arrma RC's...
Anyway, I give this RTR 100/100
For 429, I don't see how one could be this.
Okay, I'm going out to run another 4S in my Typhon!
If you're pondering this buggy, just pull the trigger.)