”TruGlow” Remote Glow Ignitor System by ProTek RC
This product was added to our catalog on March 19, 2013.
This is the ProTek R/C ”TruGlow” Remote Glow Igniter System. Leave your glow plug igniter in the field box and step up to high tech with the ProTek R/C "TruGlow" remote glow igniter! The "TruGlow" uses the energy stored in your receiver battery to provide a safe and reliable power source for the glow plug in your airplane or helicopter. This not only makes it easier to start your aircraft, but also helps to prevent the engine from stalling out at low throttle positions or when throttle hold is activated, improving engine reliability and increasing safety regardless of what glow plug or receiver battery type you use.
The ProTek R/C "TruGlow" programming is controlled through an open channel on your transmitter or the included remote switch, and provides three levels of heat or "brightness" that can be delivered to the glow plug. It also allows you to adjust the amount of time the "TruGlow" delivers that heat to the glow plug, from 12 to 60 seconds of continuous glow, in 12 second increments! All of these functions are optional, so you can program the "TruGlow" to suit your personal requirements. Simply plug the "TruGlow" into an open AUX or Gear channel on your receiver, connect the black ground wire to the crankcase or engine mount and connect the alligator clip terminal to the glow plug post. Then, decide whether you want to operate the "TruGlow" using a toggle switch and mixing function on your transmitter, or the included push button remote switch for control. Whichever option works best for your application.
The included remote push button switch features a 16" lead that allows you to position the "TruGlow" in an easy to access area that keeps your hands away from spinning blades or props. An audible alarm and LED light let you know when current is being delivered to the glow plug, while the Micro Controller Unit (MCU) monitors all functions and helps to avoid damage to the glow plug, for reliable engine operation. And unlike other products, the "TruGlow" is backed by ProTek R/C's award winning support and customer service. So, ditch your igniter and let ProTek R/C help you keep the fire burning, with the ProTek R/C "TruGlow".
- Helicopter: Improved engine reliability by igniting the glow plug at low throttle positions or when throttle hold is activated. This is achieved by using the program mixing function in the transmitter.
- Airplane: Improve low speed engine characteristics by igniting the glow plug automatically at low throttle settings. This is achieved by using the program mixing function in the transmitter.
- The external buzzer, LED glow indicator, RC controlled switch and other functions are optional according to user requirements.
- The glow plug can be remotely ignited from your transmitter by using a receiver channel (Gear, AUX, etc.) or optional push switch
- The remote switch unit is optional, and can be left off the model when the unit is controlled from the transmitter.
- Powered by on board 3.6V - 8.4V receiver battery
- Three levels of adaptive glow with any glow plug type at any voltage
- 12-60 seconds of continuous glow
- Visible LED and audible alarm let you know that the glow plug is glowing
- Enhanced safety and reliability
- A Micro Controller Unit (MCU) monitors all functions and helps to avoid damage to the glow plug
- The TruGlow will not apply current to the glow plug if you are in stunt mode, or if the engine throttle is open. This is achieved by using the program mixing function in the transmitter.
- 12" glow plug/ground leads
- 16" remote switch lead
- 6" receiver lead
|| TruGlow Igniter
|| 3.6V - 8.4V
|Idle Current Draw
|Working Current Draw
|Weight w/Wires & Switch
||28g (7g no wires)
ProTek R/C is an AMain.com brand.