T-Rex 500X Super Combo Helicopter Kit by Align w/BeastX Plus
Features at a Glance
- 470mm Main Blades: The larger 470mm main blades aid in providing more stability, power, and performance.
- 500FL Rotor Head System: Replacing the DFC system, the FL Rotor Head offers excellent stability, a high level of responsiveness, and precision in flight.
- Belt Driven Tail System: Improved tail belt system, offering a lower parts count, quick & easy access to belt tension adjustments, and low cost of maintenance.
- Align 520MX Brushless Motor: High efficiency, excellent power, high torque, & low current draw.
- Align RCE-BL80X ESC: Designed for the 500X and providing current output, with additional support for high voltage BEC output (6V-8.4V).
- Align Cyclic & Rudder Servos: Equipped with the DS 530M & DS535M High Voltage Servos, the 500X will benefit from the available high torque and high speed outputs the DS530 & 535HV offer.
Main Blade Length: 470mm
Main Rotor Diameter: 1054mm
Tail Rotor Diameter: 219mm
Motor Drive Gear: 12T
Main Drive Gear: 134T
Tail Drive Gear: 21T
Drive Gear Ratio: 11.17:1:3.81
Weight (With Motor): 1400g
- T-REX 500X Super Combo Kit
- (1) Microbeast PLUS Flybarless System
- (1) 520MX Brushless Motor (1600KV)
- (1) RCE-BL80X Brushless ESC
- (1) Set of 470mm Carbon Fiber Blades
- (1) Set of 78mm Tail Rotor Blades
- (3) DS530M Aluminum Case Digital Servos
- (1) DS535M Aluminum Case Digital Servo
- 7-channel or more, helicopter transmitter & receiver
- 6S Li-Po 2600 ~ 3300mAh (3300mAh recommended)
- Digital Pitch Gauge
This product was added to our catalog on March 10, 2017.
Things I liked the most include:
1.) The turnbuckles on the linkage rods so that I can precisely adjust the links.
2.) The manual was understandable
3.) I like having 4 canopy grommets to hold down the canopy.
4.) The machining of the metal parts is excellent. It's a great looking helicopter when it's all assembled.
Couple of things to keep in mind:
1.) The belt system does slip and get loose as the tension screws won't stay perfectly in place. I have to make 8 full turns on both tension screws to get the belt right, I have tried to pull out the tailboom to take up some of the slack but it won't hold with just the 2 bolt that hold the boom to the tailboom block.
2.) The location of the ESC conflicts with the battery release hatch. I cut a small wedge of lightweight wood and put it under the ESC so that the capacitors are lifted up in the air above the battery tray release switch. That added about 10 grams of weight to the heli.
3.) I wish they had included some anaerobic retainer.)
What is the difference between, Top combo, Super comber and comber???