The Traxxas Aton Quadcopter Drone is a multi-function machine that can do it all - from high speed runs, to incredible aerial images from a birds eye view. Aton is your personal video assistant, and makes flying easy and fun, without the need for any specialized skill or experience. Aton practically flies itself with auto take off and simple, intuitive directional control, making it perfect for beginners. You simply direct Aton towards your subject and Aton becomes the steady hand in the sky that captures the moment from exciting vantage points. Press a button, and Aton quickly returns to home and lands automatically. Sport and Expert flight modes make Aton a great choice for experienced pilots as well, with speeds in excess of 50+ MPH and the ability to perform advanced maneuvers. Aton truly does it all, and is a fun option for beginner, novice and expert pilots alike.
Three Flight Modes. One Is Just Right For You
Photographer, fun flyer, or skilled trick master, Aton has a mode for everything you want to accomplish.
- Easy-to-use. No flight experience required
- Easily capture stunning photos and video with your GoPro® or other action camera (not included)
- No complicated setup or calibration is needed.
- Engineered for less noise and quieter operation.
- Auto take off and return to home
Sport Mode: If you want to learn how to fly and experience a different level of fun, Sport mode unlocks full throttle control for faster, more athletic flight. Aton's 6-axis flight stability makes it easy to learn and explore, while always keeping the safety of air brakes and return to home a button press away. Press another button to perform flips and rolls make you look like a flight pro
- Sport flying for fun
- Learn to fly with more pilot control
- Press a button for aerobatic flips and rolls
- More speed for filming fast-moving subjects
- Air brakes stop and hover at the press of a button
Expert Mode: Expert mode is for the most experienced pilots who truly love to fly. Expert mode unlocks Aton's full performance capability for exciting aerobatic flight, but still with the safety of air brakes and return to home. The air brake brings Aton to a full stop, hovering in place, to allow you to catch your breath and plan your next move.
- Ultimate speed and performance for expert pilots
- Air brakes stop and hover at the press of a button
- Powerful brushless motors for incredibly athletic maneuvers
- Customize settings with the Traxxas Flight Link app
Traxxas Aton Features:
- Traxxas Flight Link App: Traxxas Flight Link transforms your Apple iOS® or Android™ device into a powerful tool that equips Aton with an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface.
- Check Flight Ready Status: Check battery levels and verify GPS and radio connections
- Adjust Film Mode Speed: Fine-tune your settings by simply touching and dragging the sliders on the screen
- Navigate the Transmitter Menu Tree: Easily navigate the transmitter settings with a full-color graphical user interface
- Adjust LED Settings: Turn the LEDs on or off from your smart phone
- Adjust Rates: Tune how fast and responsive Aton is in Sport and Expert modes
- Set the Geofence Radius: Designate virtual boundaries for Aton
- Set the Flight Ceiling (Max altitude): Set a vertical flight limit
- Monitor Battery Status: See how much charge is left in your battery
- Coming Early 2016:
- FPV Framing View
- 3-Axis Gimbal Control
- Headless Mode Operation
- Rugged Design: Aton is built to go the distance with strong composite materials and proven design methods. All parts are available to support Aton to keep it flying for years to come.
- Protected GPS: The GPS System is integraded into the roll hoop to shield it from frequency interference and protect it from damage.
- LED Status Bar: 4 easy to see LEDs indicate power on, satellite link established, return to home location set and overall system status.
- Fully Enclosed Battery Compartment: The battery is fully enclosed and protected.
- High Visibility LED Lighting: Aton shines at night with high output LEDs that light up the sky with brilliant color that helps you see and maintain your directional orientation.
- Brushless Motors: Powerful and efficient high output brushless motors give Aton plenty of horsepower for any mission.
Blade Circle: 22.83" (580mm)
Rotor Diameter: 8.27" (210mm)
Rotor Center Distance Diagonal: 14.57" (370mm)
Rotor Hub Distance Vertical: 10.30" (262mm)
Width: 18.57" (472mm)
Overall Height: 3.70" (94mm)
Overall Height with Landing Gear: 8.57" (218mm)
Ground Clearance: 0.11" (3mm)
Ground Clearance with Landing Gear: 4.87" (124mm)
Overall Flight Weight (with Battery): 30.33 oz (860g)
Flight System: Auto-Leveling Six-Axis
Radio System: 2.4GHz 6-channel Multi-mode
Main Frame Structure/Material: Molded Composite
Battery Type: 3-Cell Lithium Polymer (LiPo)
Battery Voltage: 11.1V
Battery Discharge Rating: 20C
AC Battery Charger Rate: 3.0A
Motor Type: Sensorless Brushless Outrunner
Skill Level: 1
Camera Mount: Fixed
Battery Capacity: 3000mAh
Flight Time w/o Camera: 18-20 minutes*
Flight Time w/GoPro HERO 4 Camera: 13-15 minutes*
*NOTE: Flight Time Results may vary. Flight times are affected by many variables such as wind, payload, and temperature.
- Aton, Ready-To-Fly Quad-Rotor Helicopter
- 2.4GHz Radio System
- 3000mAh 3-Cell LiPo iD battery
- 3-Amp LiPo battery charger and AC power cord
- 4 Traxxas AAA alkaline batteries
- Landing legs with hardware
- Vibration Damped Camera mounting bracket designed for use with GoPro® action cameras*
- 2mm hex wrench (to assist with repairs)
- Spare rotor blade set
- Spare hardware
- Transmitter sticks (interchangeable with the thumb pads)
- Full Color Quick-Start Guide
- Complete Owner's Manual
This product was added to our catalog on January 5, 2016