TigerDrive 8mm Shaft Starter by Sullivan
This product was added to our catalog on April 6, 2012.
This is the optional Sullivan TigerDrive 8mm adapter for nitro engines. The unit replaces the pull-starter or on board starter found on many R/C Cars, trucks, boats and helicopters, and allows for use of a standard hand-held starter. This eliminates broken ropes and burned out on board starters and allows the engine to be turned faster for easier starting. The drive direction can be oriented in four directions to accommodate exhaust and chassis arrangement.
Sullivan offers TigerDirect models to fit most engines from .12 to .46, and installation is very easy -- only three or four screws. The gears are steel, the frame is aluminum and the bearings are bronze and Steel Roller for durability.
This unit will work on most 8mm shaft engines including, but not limited to: O.S. Max .12 to .21 side exhaust engines, Duratrax .18 and Kyosho GX21 .21.
- Eliminates broken ropes and burned out on-board starters
- Four drive directions accommodating exhaust and chassis arrangement
- Steel Gears, aluminum frame, bronze bearings, and steel roller for durability
- (1) Tiger Drive steel plate with overhead bevel gear
- (1) Bevel gear with German one-way bearing
- (1) Copper gasket for back of bevel gear
- (4) 3x12mm cap head screws
- (4) 2.5mmx12mm cap head screws
- (4) 3mmx7mm washers
- (4) 3mmx5mm split washers