This Thermaltronics TMT-9000S 110V Soldering System Combo is an AMain exclusive, with an included Type 700 1.78mm chisel tip, and Type 800 extra large 5.0mm chisel tip. The TMT-9000S is a professional grade, lab quality soldering system that uses Curie Heat Technology. This means the iron responds to the thermal demands of each solder joint and instantly adjusts the heat supplied to the tip. So no more guessing whether or not your rheostat is set to the right temperature - the TMT-9000S automatically raises or lowers the temperature range to meet the exact requirements of the component and solder material. This also helps to prevent burns and other soldering related accidents, as the self regulating system will not get hot until it touches a metal component.
Another benefit of the Thermaltronics system, is the easy to change tips! These tips do not use a mechanical attachment like other irons and allow the tips to be swapped in seconds. Simply grab the tip using the included tip removal pad, pull the tip out of the handle, place it into the hand-piece holder, choose the tip you need to use and slide it into the handle.
Additionally, the heat range of the iron is determined by the tip you choose. Type 600 tips operate within a 617°F - 676°F temperature range (325°C - 358°C), Type 700 operate within a 662°F - 748° range (350°C - 398°C), and Type 800 operate within a 788°F - 887°F range (420°C - 475°C). This combo includes a 700 series 1.78mm and an 800 series 5mm chisel tip. Additional tips are available separately, and can be added to your cart using the menu above.
This package includes a 9000PS power supply, M series hand-piece, 700 series 1.78mm chisel tip, 800 series 5mm chisel tip, hand-piece holder, tip removal pad, brass tip cleaning curls and tip cleaning sponge, power cord and connection cable.
- High thermal recovery & performance
- 13.56MHz power supply with built-in LCD display
- Automatically raises or lowers the temperature range to meet the exact requirements of the component and solder material
- LCD display identifies start up, ready mode, working mode, disconnected and error codes
- Dual switchable soldering ports
- Extremely compact
- No calibration or operator training required
- No additional coil assembly costs
- TMT-9000PS Power Supply
- SHH-1 Soldering Handpiece Holder
- SHP-1 Soldering Handpiece
- RMP-1 Tip Removal Pad
- SG-1-HRB Heat Resistant Grip
- SG-1-GR Handpiece Grip Green
- SG-1-GY Handpiece Grip Gray
- BC-1 Brass Curls
- SPG-1 Sulphide Free Sponge
- 1.78mm Type 700 Chisel Tip Cartridge
- 5.0mm Type 800 Chisel Tip Cartridge
This product was added to our catalog on May 4, 2020
The Thermaltronics 9000 is a lower cost knockoff off Metcal MX-500. This Thermaltronics is an equal to Metcal. The only complaint is the Thermaltronics does not have an auto-off feature which is very nice to have.
If you want to upgrade to a nicer solder station and plan to use it for many years, then this is the best and last solder station you will own.
The speed is incredibly fast to temperature and the tip maintains and adjusts based on the load and appears to work perfect.
The manufacturer makes an extensive list of tips available in all 3 temperature ranges
I highly recommend this unit to anyone willing to spend , it works great