This Thermaltronics TMT-2000S Soldering System Combo is an AMain exclusive, with an included K Series handle and 80 series extra large 5.0mm chisel tip. The TMT-2000S is a professional grade, lab quality soldering system that uses Curie Heat Technology. This means the iron responds to the thermal demands of each solder joint and instantly adjusts the heat supplied to the tip. So no more guessing whether or not your rheostat is set to the right temperature - the TMT-2000S automatically raises or lowers the temperature to meet the exact requirements of the component and solder material. This also helps to prevent burns and other soldering related accidents, as the self regulating system will not get hot until it touches a metal component.
Another benefit of the Thermaltronics system, is the easy to change tips! These tips do not use a mechanical attachment like other irons and allow the tips to be swapped in seconds. Simply grab the tip using the included tip removal pad, pull the tip out of the handle, place it into the hand-piece holder, choose the tip you need to use and slide it into the handle.
Additionally, the heat range of the iron is determined by the tip you choose. Type 60 tips operate within a 617°F - 676°F temperature range (325°C - 358°C), Type 75 operate within a 662°F - 748° range (350°C - 398°C), and Type 80 operate within a 788°F - 887°F range (420°C - 475°C). This combo includes an 80 series 5mm chisel tip, as this is the most commonly used size for most RC applications. Additional tips are available separately, and can be added to your cart using the menu above.
This package includes a 2000S power supply, K series hand-piece, 80 series 5mm chisel tip, hand-piece holder, tip removal pad, brass tip cleaning curls and tip cleaning sponge, power cord and connection cable.
- Curie Heat Technology operating at 470KHz
- Automatically raises or lowers the temperature range to meet the exact requirements of the component and solder material
- Compatible with all K Series tips
- Compatible with P and S Series Handles, as well as DS-HPC-3 Desoldering Gun/Handpiece
- Extremely compact, weighs just 2.9 lbs (1.3KG)
- No calibration or operator training required
- No additional coil assembly costs
- TMT-2000PS Power Supply
- SHH-4 Soldering Handpiece Holder
- SHP-K1 Soldering Handpiece for K Series Tips
- K80CH050 Extra Large 5.0mm K Series Chisel Tip
- RMP-1 Tip Removal Pad
- CC-1 Connection Cable
- BC-1 Brass Curls
- SPG-1 Sulphide Free Sponge
This product was added to our catalog on May 4, 2020