This is the Tekno RC SCT410.3 Competition 1/10 Scale Electric 4WD Short Course Truck Kit. The SCT410.3 is an updated version of the original SCT410 with a slew of updated parts and improvements. The SCT410.3 leapfrogs over the 4×4 SC competition in terms of performance, durability, and value. Tekno RC has their customers’ best interests at heart so there is a clear path to simply upgrade your original SCT410 if you already have one. But there’s also nothing like a fresh new kit that goes together like butter!
With the SCT410.3, Tekno wanted to improve performance and increase value to the customer without increasing the price or compromising on the great qualities of the original. To do this, they went through the entire platform and made changes accordingly.
NOTE: Electronics, wheels and tires shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Drivetrain Improvements:
- The diffs feature smoother gears and a updated 1-piece composite diff cross pin.
- The old steel driveshaft has been replaced with a updated tapered aluminum design.
- All of the outdrives and couplers are now lightened.
- Angled rear gearbox with larger bearings is now standard.
- Results – dramatically reduced rotating mass, improved acceleration and efficiency.
- Suspension Improvements:
- All updated front and rear suspension geometry.
- Updated reduced height front and rear shock towers.
- Updated V2 hinge pin brace system for incredible adjustability.
- Updated front arms feature a flat bottom for increased durability and clearance.
- Updated rear arms feature the flat bottom but are also 4mm longer.
- Updated rear hubs with reduced offset to match the longer rear arms.
- Updated longer rear sway bar.
- Updated clamping spring perches with captured shock boots.
- Updated droop adjustment screws are now standard.
- Results – lower CG, increased adjustability, increased stability, and increased consistency.
- Weight, Durability, and other Improvements:
- Lightened black anodized 4mm CNC chassis is now standard.
- Aluminum pivot balls throughout.
- Aluminum suspension and spindle bushings are now standard.
- Updated lighter camber link rod ends and turnbuckles.
- LCG Lightened Motor mount is now standard.
- M5 stub axles are now standard.
- Split center diff mount makes maintenance a breeze.
- Lightened metal clamping 12mm wheel hexes are now standard.
- Revised front bumper increases ground clearance.
- Larger 6x13x5mm (vs. 6x12x4mm) outer wheel bearings front and rear increases durability.
- Spindles feature adjustable stops for more precise steering control.
- Compatibility with existing parts and options.
- Results – lower CG, improved handling, improved acceleration, and improved durability.
- 4mm CNC aluminum black anodized chassis.
- Super narrow layout – widest point is only 125mm (less than 5”) mudguard-to-mudguard.
- Class leading front and rear clearance (short chassis overhang) provides better bump handling and jump landing.
- Adjustable, LCG lightweight body mounting system fits most popular SC bodies (Losi, AE, etc.).
- Lightweight, extremely durable front and rear bumper system.
- Integrated battery tray/mud guard, battery is sunken into chassis for a super low CG.
- Integrated electronics tray/mud guard for easy removal of electronics.
- Spacious, enclosed, easy access radio box with integrated transponder mount.
- Adjustable chassis brace system for fine tuning flex with front, center, and rear braces.
- Motor Mount:
- 2-piece CNC aluminum motor mount with precision dual clamping gear mesh adjustment.
- Split center diff mount for easy maintenance.
- Lightweight direct-to-diff mount design.
- Uses standard MOD 1 pinion.
- Differentials and Drivetrain:
- 3 fluid filled adjustable super lightweight diffs.
- Newly redesigned precision diff gears with innovative 1-piece cross-pin design for increased durability.
- Less rotating mass = better acceleration.
- Lightweight straight center driveline for maximum efficiency and reduced wear.
- CV driveshafts with captured pins on all 4 wheels.
- Standard 12mm hexes fits most popular SC wheels (SCTE offset).
- 16mm bore hard anodized shocks – Biggest-in-class!
- 4mm 7075 aluminum shock towers are standard.
- Innovative conical piston design (not just tapered) provides varied compression and rebound rates.
- Fully adjustable long travel suspension geometry maximizes stability and traction while providing superior cornering and on-power steering.
- CNC aluminum threaded shock bodies.
- 4mm hardened steel polished shafts.
- Triple guide design for true consistent shaft action.
- Options for vented cap, emulsion, or standard shock configurations out of the box.
- Optional springs and sway bars available.
- Suspension and Steering:
- Bulletproof suspension arms – thicker and stronger than the competition.
- Adjustable front arm sweep and angle to make the car more aggressive (swept forward), or easier to drive (swept back).
- ‘Narrow pivot’ steering posts provide ‘0 bump’ geometry with almost 0 steering slop.
- Adjustable hinge pin braces are standard (toe, anti-squat, kick-up, front arm sweep).
- 4mm inner, 3.5mm outer hinge pins, polished for smooth action.
- Adjustable Ackermann and bump-steer (bump in, 0 bump, bump out).
- Steering system is fully supported on precision ball bearings. No bushings here.
- Straight rod ends and lightweight turnbuckles.
- Other Features:
- Exceptional wear characteristics. Leave the slop and warping to the other guys.
- Easily adjust anti-squat, rear toe, front arm angle, front arm sweep, roll center, toe, camber, wheelbase, Ackermann, bump steer, suspension geometry out of the box..
- Extremely easy to work on with minimal screw count.
- Shares many parts with the EB/NB/ET/NT48 = less parts in your toolbox.
- All metric hex hardware.
- 100% Tekno RC Designed and Tested in Southern California.
Weight: ~2850g (6.3lb) out of the box RTR (RTR weight equipped w/ Tekin RX8, Pro4 motor, 300g battery, rx, etc)
Diff Ratio: F/R – 10/40t, Center – 44t
Battery tray dimensions: 50x148mm
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed To Complete:
- 2 Channel radio/transmitter
- ESC and Pro4 SCT motor
- High torque steering servo
- 2S LiPo battery
- Compatible battery charger
- SC tires, wheels (SCTE offset) & CA glue
- SC body of your choice, paint for body
- Hex tools (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm), nut drivers (5.0, 5.5, 7.0, 8.0mm), pliers, other tools
First, I'm going to start with dislike.
1) The composite cross-pins in each diff. I use aluminum.
2) The stock set-up. I know by now everyone knows the stock set-up is crap. If you are nose diving and you are close to stock, its probably from chassis slapping the rear of the truck.
3) I have very precise scales and the truck is off balance with a Tekin 4300HD motor, RX8 ESC, Protek 150 servo and a Trinity 7150MaH 100C battery. You need approx. 38-45g in front of the servo and 60-70g just in front of the shock tower on the batter side.
Second, what I like.
I like most of everything else on the truck. I would have liked to have seen the aluminum hinge pin holders A,B,C & D along with aluminum diff cross pins but in my opinion, they do not slow the truck down.
Final thoughts and set-up.
My shocks are built with 8x1.4 tapered down pistons. I am using 32.5 wt AE oil in the front and 30 wt AE oil rear. I feel the truck has a high roll center and made all of my camber links longer. I only run 2 degrees of anti-squat and it jumps better and obviously handles bumps better. I run full rear toe in and 1.5 degree front toe out. It works for most tracks without changing anything.
I am still running 8 x 1.4 pistons but I have increased the oil to 40 AE front, 35AE real and pink springs both front and rear. The previous setup is too soft and allows the truck to transfer weight too quickly. This new setup does not throw the weight to the front coming off power and visa-versa. I truck jumps very flat and the dampening is very good for virtually all indoor tracks at least as a starting point. IMPORTANT: make sure you do not run bump steer with this truck. You can check by holding the truck up in the air with the tires off with the A-arms flat and find something that is parallel to the outside of your wheel mount (Stub Axle). Pull the A-arm to compress the shock and the wheel mount should stay on the same line. If it moves inward, you have positive bump steer and out is negative. You can change it by add/removing washers under the Ackerman or at the steering spindle.
Also, It seems to be best not to run more than 2* of anti-squat as the truck wants to nose dive at times.
I know its a lot to read but I hope it helps.
2015 - Excellent kit from Tekno! Parts quality is very good and the build is super smooth with easy to understand instructions. Would be nice to have the option of a higher priced 'team' version of the kit that includes the optional upgrades (i.e. aluminum diff cross pins, aluminum hinge pin braces, etc.) so you wouldn't have to get the parts separately. Overall, excellent! Highly recommend this truck!
What separates this is the precision. The way it turns, the balance, the way that it claws for traction. I absolutely destroy his Slash around a dirt track despite the fact that we are neck and neck in a straight line.
Building this was tough - when they say it isn’t assembled, they mean nothing! From the steering linkage to the diffs, to the shocks, you will learn what is behind every piece of aluminum and plastic. Totally worth it!
The A arms are twice as thick and sturdy as the ones on my Granite (which is known for toughness)..
Couldn’t be happier! Great product from Tekno!!
The kit build went flawless everything fit exactly as it should. The only thing I’ve found so far that I will change is the springs for the rear shocks are not stiff enough for my liking and should have come with something similar as the fronts for spring rate.
I have yet to run it as I have no indoor tracks near me and outdoors is out of the question with over a foot of snow.
All in all quality and fitment of parts is excellent. As is the service a-main Provides