Tech 7 Model 760 20VA w/Momentum by MRC
This product was added to our catalog on April 24, 2013.
Bristling with advanced control features, this unit delivers maximum railroading realism. For example, one of its key features is momentum control, sometimes referred to as flywheel action.
INPUT:120 VAC 60 Hz
OUTPUT: 23 VDC, 18.5 VAC
TOTAL OUTPUT: 20 VA
Here’s how momentum works in Tech 7: When a real locomotive is given a throttle increase there is a lag time until the preselected speed is reached. Likewise, when braking a life-size, fast moving train it usually takes a mile or so before it stops. But because lightweight model trains won’t mimic this delay on their own, we create the momentum or inertia electronically. When you increase throttle position on a momentum equipped train control, or operate the brake, a delay circuit slows the rate of track voltage change. This train control is equipped with a switch to bypass the delay circuitry for yard work or switching which require quick throttle reaction.
- Accutec Technology™ provides smoother performance and helps maintain the extra power when climbing grades or running over poor track conditions
- Proportional Tracking Control an innovative system of control that yields the most responsive, realistic model train operation
- Automatic Circuit Protector automatically disconnects power to the track to protect your equipment if overload occurs
- Main Line Direction Switch - throw the switch to reverse direction of the loco
- More Powerful than others in its class with power to pull heavy loads and operate accessories
- Advanced Slow Speed Circuitry so your loco can crawl and couple easily
- Pressure Sensitive Braking puts you in command of accurate steady deceleration, providing gradual, slow speed braking from any speed
- Momentum Control with on and off switch
- Indicator Lights for momentum, power output, and overload conditions keeping you informed of your layout status
- Fixed A.C. Terminals for powering switch machines, lights and other accessories
- 300 Degree Speed Control uses 300 degree throttle for an extended range of control