The Team Losi Racing 8IGHT X-E 1/8 Electric Buggy takes innovative design to the next level with a fresh ground-up design. It features a more traditional style chassis layout that has a neutral driving feel, improved jumping capabilities and better bump absorption. The 8IGHT X-E features major updates to the suspension package, overall geometry and drivetrain layout. Add in easy access differentials, adjustable caster blocks, redesigned steering rack and sway bar system and you have an E-Buggy designed to be easier to drive, faster and accepted worldwide.
NOTE: Finished kit shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Improved Suspension Geometry
- Tunable Suspension Arms
- Wide Style Chassis For Increased Stability
- Larger Pinion Bearings For Increased Durability
- Cab Forward Style Body
- Redesigned Aluminum Motor Mount
- Adjustable 17.5 Degree Caster Blocks
- Bleeder Shock Caps
- Improved Chassis Balance
- Redesigned, Cleaner And More Adjustable Steering Rack
- Machined Aluminum Shock Towers|
- Better Differential Access
- Revamped Sway Bar System
- Equalized Driveline to Reduce Wear On Key Components
- Optimized Shocks For Greater Precision And Performance
- Metric Hardware Standard
- Rear Axle Mud Guards
- Rear Shock Mounting On The Front Or Back
- Unique Lightweight Battery Mounting System
Approximate Assembly Time: 3-5 Hours
Completion Level: Kit
Front Track: 12.1" (308mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.4" (60mm)
Height: 7.1" (180mm)
Internal Gear Ratio: 3.23:1
Length: 19.6" (497mm)
Rear Track: 12.1" (308mm)
Spur Gear: 46T
Weight: Varies upon equipment used
Wheelbase: 12.8 - 13" (326 - 329mm)
Width: 12.1" (308mm)
- (1) TLR 8IGHT X-E 1/8 4WD Electric Buggy Kit
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete:
- 2-channel radio system (minimum)
- High torque metal gear steering servo
- 1/8 Scale ESC & Motor
- 4S 14.8V LiPo battery
- Charger compatible with selected battery
- 1/8 Scale Off Road Tires
This product was added to our catalog on February 13, 2019
I heard all these reports about broken shocks and front spindle casters breaking, never had any problems. My guess those guys drive their car too hard that's why theirs is broken.
I love this new motor mount set up and it is a better buggy compared to a lot of brands.
Other than that really good kit.
First time i've run it, i had a LiPo fire. Reason? Straps went bad. Battery hit Spur. Boom. So.. TLR should address this!
(No the battery was not to wide or to big)
Luckily minor damage.
Just hope TLR will make a new battery mount for this buggy. And better battery straps!