The TLR 22SCT 3.0 builds on the success of its predecessor with a host of changes that make it the truck to beat in short course competition. Many parts that were optional on the 2.0 are now in the box, including 7075-T6 aluminum top shaft, adjustable rear pivot mounts, motor plate, rear camber block, bleeder shock caps and ball stud spacers throughout. This was done so you can build the SCT 3.0 to team spec right out of the box.
Features at a Glance:
- Based on the championship-winning 22 3.0 buggy
- Revised mid-motor mounting location
- Revised front and rear suspension geometry
- 3-Gear transmission for better acceleration and grip
- Aluminum-plate rear hub
- HDS Slipper with HD Spring
- Lightweight 7075-T6 aluminum chassis
- Gen II 12mm big-bore shocks
- Transverse battery mounting option
- TLR® pre-cut body
- Many popular option parts included as standard
In Depth Features:
- Revised Motor Location: As with the 22™ 3.0 buggy, the 22SCT 3.0 motor location is 12mm closer to the diff gear than it was in the previous version. This increases the rear weight bias, providing better rear grip on exit, more entry steering and a truck that, overall, is easier to drive.
- 3-Gear Transmission: During testing, the 3-gear transmission substantially improved speed and rear-end grip for both spec and modified classes. Other benefits included better handling, quicker acceleration. A 4-gear transmission is available separately so drivers can dial in response for any track surface, grip level, or driving style.
- Revised Front Suspension Geometry: Front caster blocks and suspension arms with revised geometry allow for variable length arm adjustment. This, together with the bell crank steering system, provides the same amazing steering 22SCT drivers have come to love, but with a more consistent feel between different surfaces. It all adds up to a truck with neutral balance that requires less tuning from track to track to maximize performance.
- Revised Rear Suspension Geometry: The rear pivot is 2mm wider for better rear grip and stability without losing any corner speed. The rear arms and shock towers have revised shock mounting locations. The jumping, landing, and chassis roll dynamics of the rear end have been optimized for a higher rear weight bias percentage.
- Aluminum-Plate Rear Hub: The hub base is molded composite, allowing a bearing to be press fit without play and minimal unspring weight when compared to an all-aluminum hub. The aluminum plate is secured to the hub with an M3 screw and ball stud, which is vertically adjustable. Now the ball stud is supported by aluminum from pushing or pulling out, while still threading into composite so it cannot work loose.
- Transverse Battery Mounting: The new, wider 2.5mm aluminum chassis and molded mud guards create a battery mounting pocket which allows shorty- and saddle-style LiPo packs to be mounted transversely across the chassis. Shorty packs can also be mounted in line with the chassis. This allows racers to fine tune the weight bias of the truck for just about every racing condition imaginable.
- HDS Slipper with HD Spring: The 22SCT 3.0 includes Heavy Duty Slipper (HDS) pads and 84T HDS spur gears as well as grooved and tapered slipper plates. The biggest improvement comes with the HD slipper spring that offers a wider range of adjustment. It also makes the slipper more consistent.
- Included Option Parts: Many of the parts included with this kit are popular upgrades that provide everything needed to build a pro-level short course truck right out of the box. This includes milled, 7075-T6 aluminum parts like the top shaft, adjustable rear pivot mounts, motor plate, rear camber block, bleeder shock caps and ball stud spacers throughout.
Type: 2WD Short Course Truck
Length: 21.15 in (537.15mm)
Width: 9.72 in (246.9mm)
Height: 7.28 in (184.9mm)
Ground Clearance: 1.98 in (50.3mm)
Wheelbase: 12.8 in (325mm)
Weight: Varies with Equipment Used
Chassis: 2.5mm, 7075-T6 Aluminum
Suspension: Lower A-Arm, Upper Adjustable Link
Motor or Engine: 540 (not included)
Gear Pitch: 48-pitch
Wheel Size: 3.0/2.2 in (76.2/55.9mm)
Shock Type: 12mm Big Bore, Threaded Aluminum
Body: Clear, pre-cut, polycarbonate
Ball Bearings: Full Ball Bearings
Experience Level: Advanced
Recommended Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
Assembly Time: 5-7 Hours
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed To Complete:
- Electronic Speed Control
- Radio System
- 48 Pitch Pinion Gear
This product was added to our catalog on December 23, 2016