Team Brood B-Mag Magnesium Hex Hubs are a great lightweight option for most SLW hub compatible wheels. Using a standard 12mm hex to drive the wheels, B-Mag hubs are a must have addition to your lightweight comp wheel package. Available in offsets from 1/4" to 1", in 1/8" increments, these performance oriented hubs allow you to tune the track width on your rig, while at the same time reducing rotating mass. Package includes two hubs.
- These parts are uncoated, and will develop a patina over time. They may have already started prior to shipment.
- Not compatible with wheels that use M2.5 hub hardware.
- 12mm Hex
- AZ31 Magnesium
- SLW Compatible Bolt Pattern
- M3 Tapped Holes
- Weight approx. 3.6 Grams Each
- Choose from 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 7/8", 3/4" or 1" Lengths
Benefits of Magnesium: High-purity magnesium alloys have physical and chemical characteristics that are superior to those of aluminum or zinc alloys.
- Strength: Because its tensile yield strength is equal to that of aluminum alloys, magnesium has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any commonly available material.
- Lightweight: Despite its strength, magnesium is the lightest of all structural materials, weighing only two-thirds as much as aluminum and only one-fourth as much as steel. In high speed moving parts, magnesium’s low density also results in lower inertia and increased performance.
- Damping Capacity: Magnesium has an excellent capacity to absorb energy, greatly reducing noise and vibration. This ability to absorb energy also results in a good combination of high-impact strength and dent resistance.
- Machinability: Magnesium is recognized as the easiest of all structural metals to machine, requiring far less time and energy than aluminum.
- Finishing: A wide variety of finishes can be applied for decorative or corrosion-resistant purposes. Some of these are: solvent based paints, powder coatings, E-coat, electroless nickel plating, chromate coatings, anodization, and phosphate.