The Team Associated RC8T4e Team Competition Electric Truggy Kit raises the bar for off-road racing. With a desire to push the boundaries the engineers at Team Associated's Area 51 have included the most up to date and innovative racing features to your finger tips. Incorporating updated chassis layout with multiple battery configurations, front and rear gearboxes, front shock tower, adjustable rear wing mount, symmetrical rear hubs, and more it is easy to see how this latest offering from Team Associated is so highly anticipated!
: Finished kit shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. See needed to complete list below for a list of items required to complete the model.
- Updated chassis layout featuring two saddle pack-style battery configurations. Both configurations include a centrally mounted center differential and in-line center driveshafts for superior drivetrain efficiency and equalized chassis balance.
- Four battery configurations to choose from:
- - Two 2S shorty LiPo batteries for lowest CG and exceptional weight bias
- - Two full size "saddle pack" LiPo batteries for lowest CG and exceptional weight bias
- - One 4S shorty LiPo battery for simplified setup and more centralized weight bias
- - One full size LiPo battery for simplified setup and more centralized weight bias
- Innovative front-end geometry with updated 8 deg. steering blocks are paired with a updated wider upper suspension arm pivot for improved steering balance and predictable handling in all conditions
- Updated gearboxes are specific to front and rear with larger bearing sizes resulting in longer life of ring and pinion gears: Front gearbox is a 3.5 deg. inclined pinion gear angle to straighten the center driveshaft for increased drivetrain efficiency and reduced phasing and vibration. Rear gearbox is a 0 deg. pinion gear angle and rear chassis brace mount.
- Updated front shock tower design with updated suspension geometry and body mount positions for all styles of truck bodies
- Front and rear center dogbone driveshafts for improved drivetrain efficiency and durability
- Front upper suspension arm updated to have bushing insert for improved fitment and performance
- Updated rear wing mount has adjustable wing angle shims, significant strength improvements, an aerodynamic shape, and extra clearance for shock position adjustment
- The adjustable rear wing has more vertical fins for increased straight-line stability, a taller rear lip height for increased downforce, and increased strength in various areas to reduce bending fatigue
- Updated rear chassis brace is mounted centrally to the gearbox, which reduces material fatigue, centralizes shear forces, and improves the life of rear-end drivetrain parts. There are three different chassis flex options using two chassis hole mounting locations and an optional turnbuckle ball for flex in more degrees of freedom.
- Updated rear hub features a symmetrical left and right common design with axle height inserts for adjustable roll center tuning options
- +2 deg. steering block arms
- V3 differentials with 46T ring and 10T pinion gears for improved gear ratios
- RC8T3.2 split center diff mounts with aluminum center top plate
- 16mm shocks equipped with improved material locking spring cups and rod ends, V2 springs, "stiff" style shock bladder, combination bleeder/emulsion caps, and blue aluminum threaded collars
- RC8B3.2 narrow C and D arm mounts
Needed to Complete
- (1) RC8T4e Team Competition Electric Truggy Kit
- 1/8 Scale electric motor
- Speed control
- LiPo battery
- Battery charger (suited for the battery mentioned above)
- 2-channel surface transmitter
- 2-channel receiver
- Steering servo
- Pinion gear
- 1/8 Body
- Wheels and tires
- Lexan specific spray paint for body
- 1/8 scale off-road wheels and tires
- (4) AA batteries
- Tools: Needle nose pliers, Hobby knife, Reamer/hole punch, Ride Height Gauge
This product was added to our catalog on November 4, 2022