The Tamiya Mazda MX-5 M-05 M-Chassis On Road Kit is a miniaturized replica of the 4th generation Mazda MX-5 (also known as the Roadster in Japan and the Miata MX-5 in the U.S.). This iconic platform enjoys a heritage dating back to 1989 and total sales in excess of 950,000 units. The dynamic and lightweight car was made to amplify the thrill of driving, with a punchy 1.5-liter (2.0-liter in North American market cars) inline 4-engine and 6-speed transmission, while including modern must-haves such as advanced safety equipment.
The Tamiya R/C model faithfully captures the fun and maneuverability of the real life subject as it comes on the proven M-05 M-chassis platform. The M-05 is a simple to build FWD (front wheel drive) machine, which allows for plenty of after-market parts to be outfitted as you grow with your skill. The lightweight, narrow semi-monocoque frame offers an optimized weight distribution and a low center of gravity. A ground-hugging 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension and a 3-piece steering linkage ensure excellent stability during high-speed cornering.
Three wheelbase lengths (210mm, 225mm, 239mm) are possible by simply switching the position of the rear suspension parts, enabling a wide range of body choices available from Tamiya.
- The dynamic and compact form of the closed-top MX-5 is accurately recreated in durable polycarbonate.
- Separate plastic parts are included to recreate side mirrors.
- Comes with stickers to recreate Japanese, U.S. and rest-of-the-world market cars.
- The nimble front wheel-drive M-05 chassis features a 225mm (M) wheelbase and has a wide range of option parts available to customize it.
- Includes TBLE-02 ESC and brushed motor.
Adjustable Gear Ratio: Yes
Bearings: Plastic bushing
Body Material: Polycarbonate
Chassis Material: Plastic
Construction Type: Assembly kit
Differential: Type Gear
Drive Type: Gearbox
Led Light: Buckets No
Led Lights: No
Motor: 540-brushed type
Shock Damper: Friction damper
Suspension: Fully independent double wishbone
Terrain Use: On-Road
Needed to Complete:
- 2 channel radio system
- Steering servo
- Polycarbonate paint for body
- 7.2V battery & charger