The Tamiya M3A1 Scout Car 1/35 Model Kit is a scale model replica of the M3A1 Scout Car. It promises to be a great stand-alone model or make for an essential diorama piece in a bigger modeling project. Around 21,000 of the actual car were built, a vital cog in the setup of U.S. forces and those Allies (Britain, Soviet Union, Free France, China and more) who received it under “lend-lease.” Lightly protected with mainly 6.4mm armor, with a top road speed of 80km/h, it had one 12.7mm and two 7.62mm machine guns, could seat six in addition to a driver and commander, and was often deployed in recon and command car roles, in North Africa, Sicily, and on the Eastern Front.
- 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit
- Length: 161mm
- Multi-piece depictions of front un-ditching roller, and crew area machine guns (M2 x1 and M1919 x1)
- Interior features separate parts for shift, transfer case and parking brake levers, plus a detailed dash
- Armor side door and windshield covers can be depicted deployed or not
- Louvers on front engine grille can be assembled as open or closed
- Detailed underside with depictions of leaf spring suspension, prop shaft, differentials, leaf springs and exhaust
- Comes with one U.S. (invasion of Sicily) and two Soviet marking options
- Includes 5 figures in Red Army Winter attire: helmeted driver in tanker overalls; pistol-wielding commander with choice of ushanka or regulation headgear; two gunners and one seated soldier
- Marking Options: Red Army 3rd Guards Tank Army, Eastern Germany, April 1945. Red Army, Unit unknown, Prague, Spring 1945. U.S. Army 8th Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Armored Division, Sicily, 1943
Note: Photo of completed model is for illustrative purposes only. This is a model kit that requires assembly. Hobby tools, adhesive and paint will be needed to complete the model.
This product was added to our catalog on April 8, 2021