This is a re-issued R/C assembly kit of the Hot Shot. It originally debuted in 1985 as Tamiya’s first 4WD off-road buggy.
The buggy features a shaft drive 4WD system providing stable performance while running and cornering. Drive and propeller shafts feature dog bone type linkage, while front and rear differential gears provide smooth handling. Furthermore, the front and rear dampening is handled by a single mono-shock for both the front and rear suspension in addition to using sway bars to hold corning performance.
- Redesigned chassis features 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with unique front and rear mono-shocks.
- Diaphragm-type oil dampers provide stable off-road driving performance.
- Propeller shaft features dog bone type linkage to optimize power transmission efficiency.
- Buggy body with large rear wing remains faithful to the original styling.
- Aluminum heat sink helps keep the motor cool and is also an eye-catching chassis highlight.
- Triangular wheel hubs further enhance the buggy's unique look.
Adjustable Gear Ratio: Fixed
Bearings: No, Plastic bushing
Body Material: Polycarbonate
Chassis Material: Plastic
Construction Type: Assembly kit
Differential Type: Gear
Drive Type: Gearbox
Led Light Buckets: No
Led Lights: No
Motor: 540-brushed type
Shock Damper: Friction damper
Suspension: Independent suspension
Terrain Use: Off-Road
Needed To Complete:
This product was added to our catalog on July 12, 2018
something about the low profile cockpit and a traditional buggy style sets this apart, i bought it for looks and i'll have it for life.
RC possibly the funnest thing to do on planet earth.
More mAh to ya!