This Tamiya Hotshot is a re-issued R/C assembly kit of the original Hot Shot. It originally debuted in 1985 as Tamiya’s first 4WD off-road buggy. The buggy features a shaft drive 4WD system providing stable performance while running and cornering. Drive and propeller shafts feature dog bone type linkage, while front and rear differential gears provide smooth handling. Furthermore, the front and rear dampening is handled by a single mono-shock for both the front and rear suspension in addition to using sway bars to hold corning performance.
NOTE: Finished kit shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. See needed to complete list below for a list of items required to complete the model.
- Redesigned chassis features 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with unique front and rear mono-shocks.
- Diaphragm-type oil dampers provide stable off-road driving performance.
- Propeller shaft features dog bone type linkage to optimize power transmission efficiency.
- Buggy body with large rear wing remains faithful to the original styling.
- Aluminum heat sink helps keep the motor cool and is also an eye-catching chassis highlight.
- Triangular wheel hubs further enhance the buggy's unique look.
- Includes HobbyWing THW 1060 Brushed Motor ESC (2-3S)
Tread: (Front/Rear) 194mm
Tire Width/Diameter: (Front) 28/82mm, (Rear) 34/82mm
Gear Ratio: 8.1?1, 10.04?1
Needed to Complete:
- 2 channel radio system
- Steering servo
- Polycarbonate paint for body
- 7.2V - 7.4V Battery w/Tamiya Connector (Must use round type battery pack. Square shaped batteries will not fit battery compartment.)
- Compatible Battery Charger
This product was added to our catalog on June 28, 2022