Return of the Frog!
First introduced in 1983, the 2WD racing buggy Frog made a huge splash with its eye-catching design and high performance running. The Frog now makes a comeback, updated for a new age, but with its basic structure essentially unchanged. Preserving its characteristic space frame, the oil dampers for trailing-arm type rear suspension have been updated to diaphragm type. Rear drive shaft features dogbone type joint for secure power transmission. Sleek polycarbonate body remains the same, while 3-piece wheels feature front grooved and rear spike tires for excellent off-road running.
2WD Chassis Packed with Innovation
Electric R/C racing buggy features ABS space frame and nylon suspension and bumper for a lightweight yet rugged form that is perfect for off road running. Battery is held in ultra-low position, giving this car the stability and weight balance to handle rough terrain and wild jumps. Advanced 4-wheel independent suspension composed of front double wishbone type featuring in-board spring and durable steel radius arm. Rear trailing arm type features horizontally mounted aluminum cylinder oil dampers for effective shock absorbtion. Sealed differential gearbox ensures high speed cornering, while full gearbox ball bearings and 3-step gear ratio secures maximum transmission efficiency.
About the Model:
- Includes TEU-101BK ESC (Electronic Speed Control)
- Includes re-designed side aluminum dampers inspired by TRF shock design.
- Includes re-designed dog-bone style drive train with original rubber boots.
- Reintroducing the original 2WD buggy masterpiece featuring ABS resin space frame, horizontally mounted oil dampers, inboard spring type front suspension.
- Powered by a Type 540 motor.
- Kit includes straight ribbed racing front tires and high-grip rear spiked tires.
- Wheels are realistic 3-piece type.
- Includes diff gear.
- Frog Kit
- TEU-101BK ESC
Needed To Complete:
- 7.2V 6-Cell Battery (such as NiMh or NiCD)
- Compatible Battery Charger
- 540-type brushed motor
- Steering servo
- 2-Channel Radio System
- Polycarbonate Paint (for Lexan body)
NOTE: Complete vehicle shown in photos for illustrative purposes only. This model is a kit requiring assembly and additional items. See Needed To Complete list above for full list of items required to complete the model.
This product was added to our catalog on March 31, 2016
Wanted this in the 80’s, bought the Hotshot instead...
Now with the re-reissue, it’s good to relive the happiness of youth.
Knowing they made some adjustments going in... Here’s what to expect.
1. Modern plastic, more flexibility than originally designed. This means that there is a lot of flex in the parts that were rigid. So the rear suspension is a bit floppy the rear arms drop so far they push out the dogbones and you run the risk of losing them... I solved this with two zip ties to limit the throw.
2. Poorly designed front steering knuckles, again with the new repops you have two metals that aren’t bound well enough that they will take a lot of punishment, however, I fixed that with jbweld and used a tap to drill thought fully to allow me to use steel bushings and larger screws to hold the knuckles to the a arms.
3. Rubber meets the road... The rubber compound in the tires is a lot stiffer than I remembered in the 80’s, Don’t expect the three part wheels to cooperate
All in all, this was a blast, the motor was replaced with one with more torque. Running about 10 minutes per battery, not too shabby.