The Tamiya 1991 Audi V8 Touring 1/10 4WD TT-02 Electric Touring Car Kit recreates the classic Audi DTM racing car as raced during the DTM 1991 season. The Audi V8 touring car had a 456hp 3.6-liter V8 which graced the DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters) racing series in Germany. In that season, it took four victories overall and carried Frank Biela to the drivers’ title.
Adaptable TT-02 Chassis offers balanced shaft driven 4WD
The shaft driven 4WD TT-02 chassis employs a longitudinal layout with the battery on the left and the motor on the right, to offer excellent stability. In addition, it features identical left and right suspension arms and uprights for ease of assembly, plus easy-to-maintain gearboxes. It is a highly adaptable chassis, as it offers 2 different wheelbases, 2 ground clearance settings and 2 tread set-ups in addition to a range of 10 possible gear ratios. It is not short on looks either, with brake disc-shaped wheel hubs and stylish front bumper supports.
NOTE: Finished kit shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- 1/10 R/C model assembly kit.
- Lightweight and durable polycarbonate body.
- Stickers are included to recreate the markings for the no.45 car driven by 1991 champion Frank Biela. Window masking stickers included to aid in the painting process.
- Two-piece mesh wheels have silver color rims and gold color spokes. They are paired with racing slick tires.
- 4-bevel differential gears and 4-wheel double wishbone suspension make for smooth driving.
- Includes 540 Torque-Tuned motor.
- Includes Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC Capable of running sensor brushless motors and brushed motors alike. (21.5 Turn BL motor limit) (23 Turn brushed motor limit)
- 2-Channel radio system
- Steering servo
- 7.2 volt battery pack & compatible charger
- Polycarbonate paint
This product was added to our catalog on November 20, 2020
Update as of 2 weeks after completion. Astonishingly surprised. Not only did the "cheap plastic" hold up, I upgraded to 3s at 5400KV. Ecstatic with the performance.