This is a Tamiya 1/48 German Heinkel HE162 A2 Salamander Model Kit. As the situation became more desperate for the German forces near the end of WWII, a call was made for a new inexpensive jet fighter that would be simple to produce and fly. In the amazingly short span of 3 months from drawing board to first flight of the prototype, Heinkel produced the small, sporty-looking He162. The lightweight fighter featured mainly wooden construction and was powered by a BMW003 turbojet, which made it the fastest jet fighter of WWII with its 838km/h top speed. Reaching combat units in late March 1945, the little fighter managed to record some combat successes despite the acute fuel and parts shortage.
- High-quality assembly kit display model of the He162 A-2 "Salamander" jet fighter.
- Top-mounted BMW003 turbojet engine with parts for opened and closed engine bay covers to allow full display of internal details.
- Special dolly included to display the engine separate from the aircraft.
- Canopy can be posed in the open or closed positions, and the ejector seat is removeable.
- Includes 1 pilot figure and 4 types of markings. ?Images below show prototype.?
This product was added to our catalog on March 17, 2020
Monday, Apr 10 2023 (6 months ago)
Tamiya 1/48 German Heinkel HE162 A2 Salamander Model Kit
Not one of Tamiyas best but a decent kit. There are a few fit issues but I was able to get past them OK. It is such an unusual aircraft, it looks cool on the shelf.