The Tamiya 1/12 Tyrrell P34 Six-Wheeler Plastic Model Kit has been modeled after one of the most radical designs to ever compete in Formula 1 racing. The full-size car was designed by Derek Gardner who wanted to reduce drag by making the frontal area smaller. To achieve this, four small diameter tires were used that could be steered together. This also meant that the tires would be shrouded by the nose, further reducing drag. Tamiya faithfully recreated this model down to 1/12 scale. By including photo-etched parts, Tamiya is able to add extreme scale realism and detail.
NOTE: Photo of completed model is for illustrative purposes only. This is a model kit that requires assembly. Hobby tools, adhesive and paint will be needed to complete the model.
- Aluminum engine air funnel parts are included
- Photo-etched parts realistically depict brake discs, nose wing end plates, radiator and seatbelt buckle parts for the ultimate finish
- Moving depictions of complex front and rear suspensions employ coil springs
- Detailed DFV engine features depictions of pipes and cables for the ignition system
- Realistic synthetic rubber tires
- Major decals to recreate No.3 and No.4 cars are produced by Cartograf
Needed to Complete:
- Model Cement
- Paint and Finishing Supplies
This product was added to our catalog on September 30, 2022