Steel Traxxas Electric Rustler/Stampede VXL Race Duty CVD Kit by MIP
$1.99 Flat Rate Shipping!
This item is eligible for $1.99
flat rate shipping Learn More
Please be aware that pricing and product availability in-store may vary from what’s available online because each store is independently owned and operated. When you shop at HobbyTown you’re supporting your local community.
This is an optional MIP Steel Traxxas Electric Rustler/Stampede VXL "Race Duty" CVD Kit. This kit is compatible with the Traxxas Electric Rustler VXL and Electric Stampede VXL trucks. MIP’s Steel Race Duty line of axles feature precision machined aircraft grade steel driveshafts and X-Duty axles to deliver durability and strength that cannot be matched by the stock components. Another added benefit of the Race Duty system is increased bone travel, so the power delivery stays smooth throughout the entire range of suspension travel, with no binding. Steel Race Duty guarantees that your Traxxas rig can be pushed to the edge of insanity and beyond.
- Made from High quality American Alloy for great durability and strength
- Fits Traxxas Electric Rustler VXL, & Electric Stampede VXL vehicles with no modification
- Steel Bones increase strength
- Strength of X-Duty without all the weight
- More bone articulation
- Design for higher output vehicles
- 100% Quality made in the USA!
- (2) MIP Race Duty CVD™ Bone, Traxxas Electric Rustler VXL/Electric Stampede VXL
- (2) MIP Race Duty CVD™ Outdrive
- (2) MIP X-Duty CVD™ Keyed Axle Rear
- (1) MIP Lube & Thread Gel Cup
- (2) HW-SHSS M3 x .099 Pin Screw
- (2) MIP X-Duty Hex Adapter
- (2) MIP Bearing Spacer Front
- (2) MIP Bearing Spacer Rear
- (2) HW-1/4” x 3/8” Coupling
- (2) HW-Pin 3/32 x 5/8 Solid Pin
- (2) HW-SHSS 8-32 x 1/8 Flat Point
- (2) HW-SHSS M3 x 4mm Flat Point
- (2) HW-Nut M4 x .7mm Steel Locknut
- (2) MIP Confetti Sticker
This product was added to our catalog on December 31, 2013.
MIP Steel Traxxas Electric Rustler/Stampede VXL Race Duty CVD Kit
Upon reading other peoples reviews elsewhere about these race duty cvd's being 'too short' and popping out of the drive cups all the time, I figured ya ok I have heard this before with my Tekno M6 too yet I have had no problems with them. Figured they were just standing their truck up all the way, etc. I WAS WRONG! These CVD's are a good 3-4mm TOO SHORT. I am not new to RC and as soon as I mocked these up and went to bolt everything together I knew the dog bones were too short. They barely sit in the diff cup even on the most layed down setting, and pop out from suspension movement on the bench. I SHOULD NOT have to modify a brand new part to make it work. What i did was put a 2.5mm bushing in place of their smaller bearing spacer to push the dog bone into the diff cup, as well as shim the diff cup to bring it out further. Very dissappointed with these!! I have outfitted 2-3 trucks now with Tekno and not had any problems. Figured I would try something new and give MIP a try as I hear many good things about them. Big MISTAKE. I should not be limited to running a single suspension setup in order to use these CVD's. They were designed for a Stampede which is a monster truck!!!!! MIP Really dropped the ball on this one. I cannot recommend these. I am in contact with MIP and we will see if they will do anything. But i doubt it. Save your money. Buy something that will actually do what it is advertised to do.. It really is too bad. They are very well made, Love the keyed X-Duty Hex's. But all that is negated by the fact that they simply do not fit...