Spyder SRX-4 1/10 4WD Electric Buggy Kit (Aluminum Chassis) by Serpent
This is the Serpent Spyder SRX-4 1/10 4WD Electric Buggy Kit, with a hardcoated lightened 7075-T6 aluminum chassis.
The first Spyder SRX4, which included a 2.5mm carbon fiber chassis, worked especially well on low to medium bite surfaces because the carbon fiber provided a good amount of flex. With this aluminum chassis version, the SRX4 flexes much less, making it better suited for medium to ultra-high bite tracks. Additionally, the aluminum chassis is machined to make it lighter, while a hardcoating adds stiffness and durability. To top it off, countersunk holes on the bottom create a smooth, no-stick surface.
- Chassis: The 7076-T6 aluminum alloy chassis features a combination of lightness, strength and rigidity to excel in medium to high bite track surfaces. All holes are countersunk to have a fully flat bottom surface. Optional weights and brass parts can be used to influence that.
- Central Spline: The composite central spline in which the front belt runs, creates a very strong chassis stiffener, right in the center of the car. It also protect the front belt very well against debris and insures no belt can skip.
- Battery and Stays: The saddle pack battery (not included) is kept in place by 2 easy to use composite battery-covers. Small machined aluminum nuts are included to keep them in place.
- Electronics: The center of the car allows plenty of space to mount the most popular speedo and receivers, as well as the transponder. The car also allows enough space to enable nice routing of your cables. The shorty type servo is mounted on integrated composite stands. Various spacers and horns are included to suit the most popular servo brands.
- Drivetrain: The dual belt system is very durable and light. The Kevlar reinforced front belt is fully captured, so well protected against debris which increases life. The Kevlar reinforced side belt is open due to its location, and the closely fitted body will prevent debris from coming in contact with the belt. The belts run on precision machined pulleys. The front belt tension can be changed with eccentric inserts.
- Gear-Diffs: Compact oil-filled gear differentials front and rear. These super smooth units are light, compact and very durable. The differentials are also very easy to build and are very low maintenance. The diff-inserts in the cases allow to you run a low, mid or high position which alters grip. The rear gear diff has a hard coated aluminum gear for durability.
- Drive Shafts: Serpent spring steel CVD drive shafts and wheel axles for durability. Also the lightened differential drive cups are in spring steel.
- Suspension Pins: Made in durable and strong Serpent hardened steel. Captured units with rounded end which rotate in small ball-cups inside the suspension brackets, so it’s super free.
- Shocks: Serpent hard coated shock bodies and shock tops for super smooth operation and durability. 3.2mm shafts with new X-ring package and molded pistons. The shocks can be used either emulsion or membrane configuration. The shock springs have ground ends, checked and matched for perfect equal operation. Ride height can be easy set with the threaded collars which have o-rings inside to stay in position.
- Shock Towers: Very durable 4mm thick carbon fiber front and rear shock towers with 4 positions for shock angle.
- Shock Stays: Very durable aluminum shock stays combined with a small bushing and nylon flanged nuts.
- Slipper Clutch: This light slipper-clutch unit, is a spring loaded 3 pad version, allow to control the power distribution.
- Clicker System: Standard in the car the “solid clicker” is used for permanent 4wd, which for high grip conditions is best to use. The optional clicker system requires few extra parts only and can be used well in medium and lower grip conditions, to allow the front wheels to spin more free and create more corner entry speed as needed.
- Steering: The fully ball raced angled dual axis steering system with integrated servo saver function, offers an almost perfect ackerman effect. Ackermann can be set with small plates which mount to the steering arms. 3 types included to play with. The angled system will prevent bump steer.
- Front Suspension: Strong composite lower suspension arms with mounting spots for the optional anti-roll bar. Aluminum suspension brackets with inserts to change set-up. Small but effective composite front bumper to protect the front end. The angled front built in kick up allows for smoother landings. The composite front diff case is a very strong affair to mount the diffs, front shock tower, central spline and chassis too.
- Steering Blocks and C-hubs: The composite steering blocks and c-hubs offer a variety of set-ups with inserts and shaped changeable ackerman plates of which all 3 composite ones are included.
- Rear Suspension: The rear end shares many parts with the 2wd MM Spyder, which is nice if you also run 2wd. Also here a very sturdy structure with the diff-case as base to mount diffs, shock tower, chassis and motor mount to. Strong composite lower arms. Suspension brackets in aluminum also here with inserts to play with set-up. The beefy composite uprights offer 3 setup position in the top and inserts in the bottom.
- Anti-Roll Bar: Both the front and rear allow mounting anti-roll bars. As default Serpent only supplies the rear ball-raced anti-roll bar, as that is used more commonly.
- Motor Mount: The motor is mounted securely to the thick 3mm cnc machined 7075 T6 alu motor plate, which doubles as cooler. Machined slots allow movement of the motor to fine-tune the pinion/spur gap. The motor holder also holds the shafts of the side belt system, and allows mounting.
- Body Mounts: The strong composite body mounts are easily located in case used. As alternative velcro can be added to the side of the chassis stiffeners.
- Body: The body is made in the same Avenger style as the 2wd buggy and shares its looks and compact shape. Top quality clear polycarbonate is used. The body comes with a masking sheet.
- Rear Wing and Wing Holder: The strong clear polycarbonate wing is mounted to the nylon rear wing holder. The wing angle can be changed by using the included wing angle spacers: 0, 2, 4, 6, and 8 angle are all included.
- Rims: Durable Serpent designed wheel are included in white color for front and rear (tires and inserts are not included).
- Manual / setup sheet / decals: The Spyder SRX4 comes with a printed full color manual which shows the assembly process in steps following the packed bags. The manual also encloses the exploded views and a ref-guide to make it easy to find the part numbers you may need of spares and optional parts. A default set-up sheet is included. A Spyder decal sheet and a Serpent decal sheet are included.
- Packing: The strong kit box includes the coded bags to assemble the car, as well as the body, rear wing and wheels, manual, set-up sheet and decals. Each kit is carefully packed and a checking decal can be found on the side of the box.
Needed to Complete:
- 2-channel surface radio system
- 7.4V LiPo battery & compatible charger
- 1/10 Electronic speed control & 540 motor
- Pinion gear
- Paint for body
- Tires & tire glue
- Steering servo
- Tools for Assembly
This product was added to our catalog on May 19, 2016.