Sport 3 Flux RTR 1/10 Touring Car by HPI w/Falken Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Body & 2.4GHz Radio
This product was added to our catalog on July 1, 2015.
This is the HPI Sport 3 Flux Ready to Run Sedan, with an included Falken Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Body and 2.4GHz Radio System. The RS4 Sport 3 chassis features an efficient, sealed shaft drivetrain that protects the drivetrain from stones and dirt. The RS4 Sport 3 Flux is equipped with a high performance brushless electronic speed controller and motor, that is capable of pushing this machine to insane speeds of 70+ MPH!
This car features the modern 'urban camo' with shark-mouth livery to recreate the car #17 Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR driven by Wolf Henzler, Nick Tandy and Bryan Sellers. The iconic shape of the Porsche 911 combined with this replica paint scheme creates a head-turning look for the fastest version of the RS4 Sport 3. Finishing the car off is a set of extra-wide replica BBS wheels fitted with replica slick Falken Azenis tires!
- Replica BBS Racing Wheels
- Replica Falken Tire Azenis Slick Racing Tires
- Replica Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Body
- Realistic Aerodynamic Body Details
- One-Piece Molded Chassis
- Low Profile Layout Design
- 3S LiPo Capable
- Fits a variety of batteries
- HPI Flux Brushless Technology
- Full-Time Four-Wheel-Drive
- Sealed Bottom-Access Shaft Drivetrain
- Easy Access Differentials
- 4-Gear Metal Differentials
- Double-Wishbone Adjustable Suspension
- Double Bellcrank Steering
- Rugged Spring-Loaded Servo Saver
- Aluminum Motor Mount
- Rear End Chassis Diffuser
- Rubber-Sealed Ball Bearings
- Optional Carbon Fiber Driveshaft Cover Available
- Optional Carbon Fiber Shock Towers Available
- Optional Differential Spool Available
- Optional Machined Aluminum Parts
Length: 431mm (17")
Height: 127mm (5")
Width: 200mm (7.9")
Wheelbase: 254mm (10")
Maximum Battery Dimensions (WxLxH): 47x143x31mm
- HPI RS4 Sport 3 On-Road Car with Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Body
- HPI 2.4GHz Radio System
- Waterproof EMH-3S Brushless ESC
- Flux MMH-4000Kv Brushless Motor
- (4) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
Needed to Complete:
- 2S 7.4V LiPo, 3S 11.1V LiPo 6-Cell 7.2V NiMH or 7-Cell 8.4V NiMH Battery w/T-Style Connector
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Bearings have melted on the front hubs, seems like the plastic wheel hexes touch the bearing shield, generating lots of heat and destroying bearings. I've ordered some boca bearings and metal hexes to help.
- Car lacks positive caster and adjustability. There are shims under the pivot blocks toward the back of the front differential but removing them isn't enough. I ended up grinding and trimming the pivot blocks for max caster which has helped but I wish there was more adjustment.
- Body posts up front are cut from the factory so you can't raise the body any higher without buying new ones.
- Steering rack horns should be slightly raised off the chassis for better clearing of rocks.
- Replacement parts are very difficult to acquire, aftermarket/upgrade option parts are virtually non existent.
That last part is the real killer, if I had known it would be this impossible to upgrade and even replace a broken part I probably wouldn't have purchased the car. Be that as it may, it's a problem with the company rather than the car itself but it certainly detracts from the overall experience.
Update: GPS measured a top speed of 58.0mph with a 3s lipo.
Update 2: GPS measured 73.4mph with 38T pinion 64T spur and 3s lipo.)
Overall great job by HPI on this one!)