Spectrum LiPo Battery Monitor by Western Robotics
Check Store Availability
Please be aware that pricing and product availability in-store may vary from what’s available online because each store is independently owned and operated.
$1.99 Flat Rate Shipping!
This item is eligible for $1.99 flat rate shipping Learn More
This is the Western Robotics Spectrum LiPo Battery Monitor. The Spectrum LiPo Battery Monitor is one of the first Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery monitors that can handle up to 7 LIPo cell batteries. It uses a unique ultra bright super flux wide angle LED that provides an advanced 6 level battery strength indication through its color spectrum. The Spectrum can prevent over discharge by giving you an early indication of your LiPo battery strength. It is designed with the leading edge micro-controller technology that gives precise accurate voltage level detection. It also has an optional high decibel audible buzzer that sounds at low battery strength. The Spectrum is designed to work with all popular brands of radio control model systems and will monitor its voltage level at all conditions. This LiPo battery monitor is ideal for all electric R/C models such as helicopters, planes, cars, trucks and boats.
Weight: 5 grams
- Acts as an insurance that protects any R/C model investment.
- Compact design works in any hostile environment.
- Monitors wide range of Lithium Polymer batteries from 2-7 LiPo Cells (5V to 29.4V).
- Simple one time toggle mini switch to auto learn connected fully charged LiPo cell battery pack.
- Easy one touch switch to select between 3 different LED schemes.
- Battery over-load condition indication.
- Ultra low power consumption with operational voltage as low as 5V.
- Ultra Bright Super Flux LED status indicator gives visual 6 level spectrum feedback of battery strength.
- Optional high decibel buzzer for audible low battery indicator (sold separately).
Weight: 5 grams
This product was added to our catalog on January 3, 2011.
Tuesday, May 17 2016 (about 2 years ago)
Western Robotics Spectrum LiPo Battery Monitor
The idea for this lipo monitor is great but there are some issues that have me a little disappointed with it. If you program the monitor with a fully charged lipo, for instance, a 3s lipo, which would be 12.6v, the monitor will not turn red until less than 3v per cell which is 70% of the programmed voltage. I was hoping the voltage range was programmable. You can program with a higher voltage to get the red warning at whatever cell voltage you prefer, but then the monitor doesn't utilize the full color spectrum. I like to shut down around 3.7v per cell and this required me to program the monitor with around 14.9v to get the red warning at 3.7v per cell on a 3s pack and now a fully charged 3s pack shows green instead of blue because it's only 12.6v and the monitor thinks 14.9v is fully charged. When programmed for 12.6v fully charged, the monitor was still blue at 11.1v or 3.7v per cell. I wish they would make the fully charged and dischaged voltages programmable so all the colors would give you an indication based on how you use your lipo packs.)