This is the Spartan RC Vortex Esprit VX1e Flybarless Controller. Designed for pilots of all levels, the Vortex series flybarless systems will amaze you with their performance and features. Simple and intuitive installation make it the ideal choice for pilots who are new to flybarless, and a welcome change for those who are familiar. The easy setup, high vibration immunity, and unparalleled performance, are backed up with Spartan's industry-leading manufacturers warranty and 50% RRP discounted crash replacement. Vortex offers market leading performance, exceptional value and reassurance.
- Tail: Based on Spartan's market leading gyro technology the Vortex is capable of delivering exceptional tail hold and consistent yaw rates even at eye-blurring speeds of over three full turns per second.
- Rotor: The cyclic and collective controls are smooth and precise with a very solid feel and impressive response time. Factory calibrated sensors and Spartan's proprietary piro compensation technology enable your helicopter to remain locked in through piro moves.
- Governor: The built in governor provides Nitro and Electric* modes and support for both magnetic and phase sensors. Cross mixing and look-ahead algorithms ensure that power is delivered in time and not as a result of RPM decay. (*Optimized electric governor mode is planned for future firmware update. ETA autumn 2014)
- Receiver: The Vortex is compatible with all radio systems using individual channel connections to the receiver. Additionally it supports single wire connection for most popular protocols and direct connection to 1 or 2 Satellites. Three channels of the radio system can be routed to the Vortex's AUX port to control accessories like lights and glow igniters.
- Flight Modes: The Vortex offers four flight modes (configuration memories) to accommodate different flying styles. These are often linked to Normal, Idle1, Idle2 & Hold or another switch of the transmitter if preferred.
- Setup: Using the Spartan DataPod field programmer your Vortex can be installed and configured in minutes. Adjustments can also be done at the field without the need to carry a computer. For those who prefer the larger computer screens Spartan Studio offers a truly intuitive operation through its guided installation wizard and built in tuning manual.
- Power: The Vortex operates at both classic 5V and high voltage 8.4V (2S) power systems. The DataPod port of the Vortex also doubles as secondary power connection point when additional current is needed for high torque servos.
Sensor Technology: MEMS
Sensor Interface: Digital
Remote Sensor: No
Built in USB Port: Yes
USB via DataPod: Yes
HV Compatible: Yes
Event Logging: Yes
Recommended Application: Nitro/Electric
Control System: Proprietary PID w/Adaptive Tuning
Supported Receivers: Standard Pulse, PPM, SBUS, XBUS, UDI, SRXL, SUMD, DSM2, DSMX
Satellites: 1 or 2
Radio Channels: 6
Tail Servos: Digital 760us, 960us, and 1520us center pulse
Swash Servos: Digital or analog 1520us center pulse
Operating Voltage: 3.8V to 8.4V (<100mA)
Flight Controller Dimensions: 36.6x23.8x14.4mm
Remote Sensor Dimensions: N/A
Sensor Lead: N/A
Weight: 11 grams
Warranty Years*: 1+1
Crash Replacement**: 50% through manufacturer
* Standard warranty + free additional with product registration
** 50% of the official RRP for identical replacement. 75% when upgrading to a newer model.
- Spartan VX1e
- Welcome Card
- Receiver Cables
- Adhesive Pads
- Canopy Decals
This product was added to our catalog on September 5, 2014