Spartan High Performance Race Boat RTR (Red) by Traxxas w/TQi 2.4Ghz Radio, TSM, iD & Castle ESC
Everything about it means business: the super-rigid, 36-inch deep-V hull; smooth, cable-drive efficiency; innovative water cooling system; and precision aluminum and stainless steel drive controls. The clean, modern hull design is built up in layers for maximum rigidity where it matters most, the transom and ride pad. The integrated battery trays securely hold a variety of battery configurations—from 6-cell Power Cell NiMH packs to 3S LiPo. Ride trim is easily adjusted by positioning the packs fore and aft using the convenient hook and loop straps that secure the batteries. The optimized rudder configuration carves amazing full-throttle turns.
A high-output TQi 2.4GHz radio system, along with water-cooled and waterproof electronics, keep Spartan going for the trouble-free, all-day running you count on from Traxxas. No detail was overlooked on the mission to engineer a boat that offers the power, speed, convenience, and fun that Traxxas' award-winning cars and trucks are known for. Prepare yourself for the ultimate R/C boating power trip, only from Traxxas.
- 30+mph with 2-7cell MiMH packs, 50+mph on 6S LiPo! (batteries sold separately)
- 36" deep-V hull for stable high-speed performance
- Water-cooled, waterproof VXL-6s Marine speed control
- 6S LiPo compatible with built-in Low-Voltage Detection
- Traxxas High-Current Connectors (patented)
- Velineon 540XL high-output brushless motor with highflow water-cooling jacket
- Quick-release Power Module integrates power system, waterproof electronics, and stuffing tube
- Adjustable battery trays with hook-and-loop straps
- Blue-anodized aluminum rudder support, rudder, and drive strut
- Stainless steel turn fins, trim tabs, and hardware
- TQi 2.4GHz radio system and 5-channel receiver
- Access the Traxxas Link app with the Traxxas Link Wireless Module (TRA6511) (sold separately)
- Traxxas Stability Management™
- Waterproof high-torque steering servo
- Sleek design with factory-applied graphics
- Traxxas factory support
Hull Type: Deep-V
Dead Rise Angle: 26 Degrees
Hull Length: 36.5 Inches (927mm)
Overall Length: 40.8 (1037mm)
Overall Height: 5.8 (147mm)
Beam (width): 9.5 Inches (243mm)
Weight: 72oz (2041g)
Speed Control Type: Traxxas Velineon® VXL-6s, Water-cooled
Input Voltage: 7-18 NiMH Cells, 2-6 LiPo Cells (8.4-22.2 Volts DC)
BEC Voltage: 6.0 VDC
BEC Current: 3A
Thermal Protection: Thermal shutdown
Low Voltage Detection: Yes (user enabled)
Motor (electric): Traxxas Velineon® 540XL Brushless, water-cooled
Drive System: Direct Drive, 0.150" Flex Cable
Outdrive: Adjustable Aluminum
Prop: 2-blade composite, 42x59mm
Transmitter: TQi 2.4GHz (2-channel)
Receiver: 6533 2.4GHz Traxxas Stability Management 5-channel
Servo: 2056 High-torque waterproof
Skill Level: 2
Needed to Complete:
- (4) AA alkaline batteries for transmitter
- (2) 7-cell NiMH battery packs or (2) 2S/3S LiPo battery packs with Traxxas iD Connectors
- Battery charger compatible with chosen battery chemistry and Traxxas iD Connectors
This product was added to our catalog on April 14, 2017.
Once again it is a money pit.
If i could start all over again i would never have purchased it.
Just an update. Traxxas is useless at replying to emails. It says life time support on all products. And 20 dollars to repair speed control's and brushless motors in the owners manual. And it has been 1 month now and traxxas will not respond to help me out.
Traxxas support is a load of bull.)
As far as Traxxas and their customer support, unless something has changed very recently with their customer support it has always been very, very good. I can't say I agree with all of their decisions they make corporately, but their customer service is really, really good. Also, I'm not an email kind of a guy, so I always call and have always had good luck that.
If you do decide to get a Spartan, go to the Traxxas website first and do a little research. Then see if you want to go 4s or 6s. If you decide 6s, from there see if you are going to want to do the needed mods. In closing, I have many boats, and all my boats had to be modified to run 6s with cool temperatures coming out of the box. That is the disadvantage of getting a RTR RC from anyone (not just Traxxas). So, with that all said, always be prepared to run all your RTR's with a little less voltage than what's advertised, and you'll minimize your disappointment, and you will love your Spartan. Good luck.)