Spartan 36" RTR Brushless Race Boat by Traxxas w/TQi 2.4GHz, 2 iD Batteries & Charger
The World's Fastest Ready-To-Race Boat!
Now Includes Two 11.1-Volt "Power Cell" LiPo Battery Packs and iD Battery Charger!
It's the kind of boat you would expect from Traxxas: Extreme Velineon brushless power, ballistic speed, and a huge waterfall of roost that rains down long after the boat speeds by. The howling fury of 50+ mph across the water on included 6S LiPo power will make even the most insatiable, power-hungry enthusiasts jump up and take notice. Simply put, Spartan is your boat! Everything about it means business: the super-rigid, 36-inch deep-V hull; smooth, cable-drive efficiency; innovative water cooling system; and precision aluminum and stainless steel drive controls. The clean, modern hull design is built up in layers for maximum rigidity where it matters most, the transom and ride pad.
The integrated battery trays securely hold a variety of battery configurations—from 7-cell Power Cell NiMH packs to 3S LiPos. Ride trim is easily adjusted by positioning the packs fore and aft using the convenient hook and loop straps that secure the batteries. The optimized rudder configuration [Spartan (TRA5707L) Removable Power Module] carves amazing full-throttle turns. A high-output 2.4GHz radio system, along with water-cooled and waterproof electronics, keep Spartan going for the trouble-free, all-day running you count on from Traxxas. No detail was overlooked on the Traxxas mission to engineer a boat that offers the power, speed, convenience, and fun that Traxxas' award-winning cars and trucks are known for. Prepare yourself for the ultimate R/C boating power trip, only from Traxxas.
Power Cell LiPo Batteries and iD Charger
Designed from the start for high-voltage, high-capacity LiPo packs, Traxxas’ Spartan now includes a pair of genuine Traxxas Power Cell LiPo battery packs—the only LiPos certified to deliver the full performance potential of Traxxas’ most versatile all-terrain truck. Spartan includes two 5000mAh 3-cell Power Cell LiPo battery packs. Spartan arrives with Low Voltage Detection activated to assure maximum battery life and prevent over-discharging.
Charging care is just as important to LiPo life and performance, so a Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus 4-amp charger with iD technology is included to provide a perfect charge every time. Just plug the included iD batteries into the charger and press start. It's that easy. No programming or settings are required. Every time a pack is charged, the cells are charged individually to precisely balance voltage for optimum performance, run time, and cycle life. Experience the ultimate in electric horsepower with the only models designed for LiPo power from the start, and genuine Power Cell LiPo technology on board.
- Includes two iD Power Cell 5000mAh 3-Cell LiPo battery packs
- Includes Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus Charger with iD Technology (TRA2970)
- 50+mph out of the box on 6S LiPo!
- 36" deep-V hull for stable high-speed performance
- Water-cooled, waterproof VXL-6s Marine speed control
- 6S LiPo compatible with built-in Low-Voltage Detection
- Traxxas High-Current Connectors (patented)
- Velineon 540 XL high-output brushless motor with highflow water-cooling jacket
- Quick-release Power Module integrates power system, waterproof electronics, and stuffing tube
- Adjustable battery trays with hook-and-loop straps
- Blue-anodized aluminum rudder support, rudder, and drive strut
- Stainless steel turn fins, trim tabs, and hardware
- TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Compatible with optional Traxxas Link Wireless Module (TRA6511) for full Traxxas Link App capability with Apple iPad, iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately)
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models—just switch on and drive, “model selection” is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver (TRA6518) with fail-safe security and integrated telemetry ports
- Waterproof high-torque steering servo
- Sleek design with factory-applied graphics
- Traxxas factory support
Hull Type: Deep-V
Dead Rise Angle: 26 Degrees
Hull Length: 36.5 Inches (927mm)
Overall Length: 40.8 (1037mm)
Overall Height: 5.8 (147mm)
Beam (width): 9.5 Inches (243mm)
Weight: 72oz (2041g)
Speed Control Type: Traxxas Velineon VXL-6s, Water-cooled
Input Voltage: 7-18 NiMH Cells, 2-6 LiPo Cells (8.4-22.2 Volts DC)
BEC Voltage: 6.0 VDC
BEC Current: 3A
Thermal Protection: Thermal shutdown
Low Voltage Detection: Yes (user enabled)
Motor (electric): Traxxas Velineon 540XL Brushless, water-cooled
Drive System: Direct Drive, 0.150" Flex Cable
Outdrive: Adjustable Aluminum
Prop: 2-blade composite, 42x59mm
Radio System: TQi 2.4GHz (2-channel) Traxxas Link Wireless Compatable
Receiver: 6518 2.4GHz Micro 5-channel
Servo: 2056 High-torque waterproof
Batteries: (2) iD Power Cell 3S LiPo Batteries with High Current Connector*
Charger: Traxxas TRA2970 iD Charger
Skill Level: 2
- RTR Spartan Boat
- VXL-6S Marine Electronic Speed Controller
- (2) 5000mAh 11.1V 3S 25C LiPo Battery w/ iD Technology
- EZ-Peak Plus 4 Amp NiMH/LiPo Fast Charger
- TQi 2.4GHz Radio System w/Traxxas Link
- Quick Start Guide
Needed To Complete:
- (4) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
NOTE: The vehicle shown may not be an accurate representation of the body color/paint scheme you will receive. Paint schemes are selected randomly. The Traxxas Spartan model TRA5709L-1 is available in either blue or red color schemes. If you would like a specific color scheme, please contact our customer service department prior to placing your order and we will do our best to honor your request.
This product was added to our catalog on August 10, 2015.