SMT10 MAX-D Monster Jam 1/10 4WD RTR Monster Truck by Axial Racing w/2.4GHz Radio
This product was added to our catalog on October 3, 2016.
SMT10 MAX-D MONSTER JAM TRUCK!
Over the past decade, Axial has been synonymous with crawlers and the scale trail community for creating vehicles that inspires endless adventure and creative freedom. Something interesting started to evolve and a trend began to appear, 4WD straight axle Monster Jam Trucks. What better to build upon that trend than to offer one of the most striking trucks within Monster Jam - the MAX-D!
Since 2003, MAX-D™ has won 11 Monster Jam World Finals championships and brought crowds to their feet with daredevil maneuvers and non-stop excitement. Amongst a lineup of Monster Jam Trucks, the low slung futuristic SUV body with yellow, red and silver paint scheme combined with chrome spikes is an instant grabber. Axial went all out when designing the chassis and roll cage for the SMT10 MAX-D Monster Jam Truck. Very similar to modern era full size monster trucks, this chassis was developed for maximum strength and an extremely detailed appearance.
- SMT10™ TUBE FRAME CHASSIS: Very similar to the modern era full size monster trucks, this chassis was developed for maximum strength and an extremely detailed appearance. The chassis offers many pivot points for suspension tuning. Scale realism and strength are achieved through triangulation of the chassis tubes, making it ready for maximum attack and hard core Monster Truck bashing.
- 2.2 BKT MONSTER JAM TIRES: BKT has designed and developed the special BKT Monster Jam Tire, a purpose-built tire to handle the rigors of Monster Jam Truck racing and freestyle competition. The 1/10 scale BKT tire is modeled to provide scale realism and maximum performance for your Axial Monster Jam Truck.
- HEAVY DUTY HYDRAULIC RAM STYLE STEERING LINKS: For steering, Axial designed a heavy duty tie rod, drag link, and simulated scale hydraulic ram steering link to help get the massive BKT tires pointed in the right direction.
- TRAILING ARM 4-LINKED REAR SUSPENSION: The SMT10 features the proven AR60 axle with a trailing arm 4-linked rear suspension and additional shock mounting positions.
- AR60 OCP-AXLE: The AR60 OCP-Axle is constructed from high strength composite material which has a low flex rate but is not as brittle as standard glass filled nylon. The combination of AR60 axles and a true 4-link suspension gives you optimal performance for any terrain with the look of a real 1:1 vehicle.
- Off-center pumpkin design
- Axle tubes are reinforced with a boxed-in axle truss
- High strength composite material
- Updated steering knuckles for dual shear, also eliminates secondary bolt on plate
- Updated differential cover and servo mount for new look
- AX10 TRANSMISSION: Updated Dual Pad slipper system with 32 Pitch gearing. The slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. More precise tuning and holding power. Stronger 32P gearing for high torque applications. 56T Spur / 11T Pinion RTR gearing for 3S. Includes 16T Pinion for 2S.
- Three gear layout
- Metal motor plate
- 32P gearing
- Heavy duty slipper
- Sealed gear cover
- WB8 HD DRIVESHAFTS: Updated design for larger diameter crosspin (2x11mm) for added strength. Center splined slider floats between each end, added material on this part reduces flex and fatigue.
- MULTIPLE SHOCK MOUNTING POSITIONS: Axial included a variety of shock mounting points for running dual shock setups and for additional suspension tuning options. There’s also additional mounting points on the cage and at the axle for moving your shocks to a more scale, vertical position if desired.
- REAR SWAYBAR FOR ADDED STABILITY: A rear sway bar is included to help keep torque twist and body lean to a minimum during acceleration. A sway bar's main function is to control body roll, yet still allow your shocks to move vertically with the changing terrain. The SMT10™ chassis design allows you to add an optional sway bar to the front.
- WATERPROOF RECEIVER BOX: The waterproof receiver box utilizes three different silicone seals: one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. No more stress when running in mud, water, or snow!
- EASY ACCESS BATTERY TRAY: The battery tray can be easily accessed at the rear of the vehicle. To install your battery, remove one pin, swing out the tray door and slide the battery pack in. The tray is fully height adjustable with four screws, making room for most standard sized 2S and 3S LiPo battery packs.
- MAX-D REPLICA POLYCARBONATE BODY & MOLDED INTERIOR WITH DRIVER FIGURE
- .040 polycarbonate replica of the Max-D Monster Jam Truck
- .040 scale interior with driver figure
- Detailed chrome character face
- Chrome fender flares with spikes
- White helmet set
- Optional chrome spides
*36 chrome plated plastic “snap-in” spikes are included (installation optional). Dimples on the body will help you place them into position. Go freestyle or wild, the look is up to you!
- 2.2 MONSTER TRUCK WHEELS (orange): 2.2 monster truck wheels molded from a blend of high quality nylon materials for strength and durability with a solid 12mm hex mount.
- 12mm hex mount
- Breather holes
- HEAVY DUTY C-HUBS: Monster Jam trucks are known for wild, high flying action, so we’ve strengthened the front c-hubs to help take on hard impacts from jumps and extreme bashing!
- DUAL SLIPPER CLUTCH: The Axial dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. This allows for more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications.
- Slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface contact area
- More precise tuning and holding power
- Strong 32P gear pitch for high torque applications
- TACTIC TTX300 3-CHANNEL SLT RADIO: Sport-level racers and bashers will appreciate the Tactic TTX300's many popular features, along with its amazing adjustability. It features a programmable 3rd channel making for incredible versatility; it can operate functions such as two-speed shifting, winches and lights, making it ideal for a vast array of opportunities. Need more reasons? There's SLT (Secure Link Technology), which creates an unbreakable link between the receiver and your transmitter with push-button ease.
- TACTIC 3-CHANNEL 2.4GHz RECEIVER: The Tactic TR325 2.4GHz receiver uses no crystals and features an internal antenna, so you'll experience worry free driving without frequency conflicts or antenna damage. This lightweight, compact, and bind button equipped receiver with LED indicator makes setup easy!
- AE-5 WATERPROOF ESC: The Axial AE-5 ESC is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched “in the field” between LiPO and NiMh battery types with a simple jumper – no more complex procedures.
- Male Star Plug lead - compatible with the most common polarized plug.
- Jumper 1 provides a simple plug and play choice between LiPo or NiMh.
- Jumper 2 switches Drag Brake settings.
- Waterproof design with Star Plug / laser etched heat sink.
- WATER RESISTANT METAL GEAR TACTIC SERVO: The included Tactic TSX45 metal gear servo is rated at 151 oz-in of torque for massive turning power and dual ball bearings provide smooth and precise movement for the metal gear train.
- 27T MOTOR: The Axial 27T motor supplies plenty of power for powering over obstacles, jumping, and bashing!
Width: 13.2" (335mm)
Height: 10.75" (273mm)
Wheelbase: 13.9" (353mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.9" (74mm)
Weight: 7.11lbs (3.22kg) estimated with electronics
Motor: Axial 27T Electric Motor
Radio: Tactic TTX300 3-CHANNEL SLT RADIO, 2.4gHz
Servos: Tactic TSX45 Servo. Torque: 6.0V 151 oz-in, 4.8V 143 oz-in
ESC: AE-5, forward/reverse, drag brake, 3S LiPo compatible, waterproof
Needed To Complete:
- (4) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
- 2S or 3S LiPo Battery Pack w/T-Style Connector
- Compatible Battery Charger