Slash VXL LCG 1/10 RTR 2WD Short Course Truck (White) by Traxxas w/On Board Audio, TSM, TQi & iD Battery
This is the Traxxas Slash VXL LCG 1/10 Ready to Run Short Course Truck. This Slash VXL is hard-loaded for ultimate performance and realism with the Traxxas On-Board Audio, Traxxas Stability Management (TSM), a low-CG chassis and white body. Traxxas On-Board Audio delivers the full short course experience with the powerful and loud sound of a 900 horsepower engine ripping through the gears. While TSM and the Low CG chassis combine for next level speed and precision.
CHARGER NOTE: The included charger requires a cigarette lighter socket found in full size vehicles to charge. If this is not your preference, Traxxas offers an adapter allowing you to charge from a standard home AC electrical socket (TRA2976).
Traxxas Stability Management
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) allows you to experience all the extreme power, speed, and acceleration that was engineered into the Slash VXL by making it much easier to control on common slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Punch it off the line and TSM goes to work sensing the vehicle’s direction and making steering corrections to provide straight-ahead full-throttle acceleration without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. TSM also works during cornering, first making intuitive corrections to maintain your line, and then allowing you to hammer the throttle earlier in the turn for much faster exit speeds. Braking is dramatically improved as TSM works to keep you arrow straight until you come to a complete stop. TSM acts as your on-board co-pilot in the vehicle that “feels” what the vehicle is doing and makes corrections for vehicle movements that you cannot even detect, well before the vehicle gets out of control.
Traxxas TSM gives you all the benefits modern electronic stabilization has to offer without intruding on your driving fun. Traxxas engineers developed superior tuning algorithms that run on high-speed, precision electronic components to create a system that works invisibly, in the background, without ever limiting your throttle. TSM can be fine tuned (or turned off) for different surfaces by simply adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter, or by adjusting the slider in the Traxxas link app. The result is that you are driving faster, with more ease, and having more fun,with that fully connected feeling at the controls that you expect. In fact, you may not even realize how much TSM is helping you until you turn it off and test your driving skills without it!
On-Board Audio System
The On-Board Audio System uses sound that has been sampled from Traxxas team trucks, including the Traxxas Pro 4 short course truck driven by Traxxas' Mike Jenkins. The ON/OFF button and volume controls let you adjust the system settings, stealth mode to wide-open. The system uses a minimal amount of power from the battery so your runtime is not compromised. The intuitive sounds respond to throttle input from the transmitter. Cruise around or rip full-throttle to hear the difference in engine RPM. If you're stopped for more than 10 seconds, the engine will shut off. Just tap the throttle to hear the engine fire back up! Use the rocker switch on the included 3-channel transmitter to shift to "neutral" and hear the engine revving. Flip the switch, and launch back into racing.
Now Equipped with Low-CG Chassis
The Traxxas Slash VXL with On-Board Audio continues the Slash legacy, building on the award-winning foundation while breaking the mold. This is the first 2WD Slash to receive a factory-installed Low-CG chassis. It’s not an option part; the Low-CG chassis comes as standard equipment. The Low-CG chassis features proven Traxxas-Tough durability and moves the battery and electronic components closer to the running surface for increased handling and stability. This means improved agility and higher speeds, on and off the track. No matter where you want to race, you will experience superior handling and maximum corner speed. The Slash VXL with On-Board Audio turns the key on a whole new driving experience.
The Velineon Brushless Power system takes the guesswork out of enjoying the benefits of world-class brushless power. The system components work together as an optimized package, engineered from the start to deliver the ultimate in efficiency, speed, and run time. With the Slash VXL, Your battery selection determines your speed and skill level. Velineon accepts the widest range of battery types, including 3-cell Lithium Polymer packs (3S LiPo packs). These packs pump out over 11 volts of power for intense, skill level 5 speeds beyond 60mph! Nothing else even comes close. Built-in low-voltage detection in the VXL-3s™ Electronic Speed Control conveniently helps you maintain your LiPo battery packs in top condition.
Precision 2.4GHz Control
Traxxas Slash VXL is equipped with the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race® radio system. The all-new Traxxas® TQi™ arrives with a full complement of tuning features and offers the unbeatable convenience of "no channels, no crystals" 2.4GHz technology—but that's just the beginning. Automatic model recognition instantly recalls your settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models. Just switch on and drive, no naming or "model memory" settings required. Power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The new TQi 2.4GHz transmitter is fully adjustable: steering and throttle end points can be set precisely, and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim. TQi's ergonomic case design provides all-day driving comfort, and the unique internal antenna contributes to its sleek, modern look.
Traxxas Link Wireless Module Compatible
The TQi's most important new feature may already be in your pocket. The TQi can be equipped with an Traxxas Link Wireless Module (TRA6511, sold separately) that turns your Android, iPad® iPhone® or iPod touch® (sold separately) into a powerful tuning tool for your Traxxas model. The full-color display combines with the free Traxxas Link™ App to deliver an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface that unlocks the mysteries of optimizing your radio system for ultimate vehicle control. Traxxas Link also opens the door to telemetry capability when you add optional sensors to your model.
4-amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
For quick, convenient, hassle-free charging, a 4amp DC fast charger is included to maximize runtime and minimize down time. The included NiMH charger uses a 12-Volt DC power outlet for universal high-output charging. The brilliant LED provides charging status as soon as the battery is connected. The charger is optimized for charging your Traxxas iD Power Cell NiMH battery. Peak-detection circuitry makes sure the battery receives a full charge every time. The status LED flashes green to indicate when charging is in progress, then turns solid green when charging is complete for foolproof charging, peak performance, and maximum runtime.
Traxxas Power Cell NiMH Battery with iD
Slash VXL includes a Traxxas iD™ Power Cell™ Battery Packs are optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas High-Current Connectors. Traxxas iD chargers (sold separately) auto-detect iD-equipped Power Cell batteries and automatically set and optimize charge settings. Precision assembly with attractive, individually wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the package.
- Traxxas Stability Management (TSM)
- Low-CG Chassis
- Traxxas On-Board Audio System
- Traxxas 4-amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
- Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery with iD
- ProGraphix® multi-colored painted body are available in four officially licensed (paint and graphics) race replica versions: Mike Jenkins (Traxxas® #47), Traxxas® Red Replica, Traxxas® Blue Replica and Traxxas® White Replica
- Scale dimensions and looks of actual short course off-road race trucks
- The Slash VXL reaches speeds in excess of 40mph using the included optional pinion gear*
- Powered by the Velineon® Brushless Power System
- Traxxas iD-Equipped High-Current Connector (patent pending) allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Maxx® Cable 12-gauge wire
- Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
- Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
- TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Race in dirt, mud, water, and snow thanks to Traxxas’ innovative waterproof electronics
- Digital high-torque waterproof steering servo
- 125 oz-in of torque and 0.16-second speed
- O-ring sealed watertight receiver box
- Speed control, receiver, and steering servo are securely fastened to chassis
- Long-wheelbase fiber-composite chassis
- 13.2 inch wheelbase
- Over 3.5 inches of ground clearance
- Easy access battery compartment
- Adjustable battery hold down accepts 6- and 7-cell flat packs and 7-cell hump packs
- Chassis nerf bars absorb impact and support the body
- Scale front and rear tube-style bumpers
- Body mounts incorporate reinforced washers for additional body support
- Efficient Magnum 272™ metal-gear transmission with ball bearings
- Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
- Revo®-Spec Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Reliable composite planetary gear differential with a steel ring gear
- Heavy-duty telescoping U-joint driveshafts and yokes
- Heavy-duty 4mm steel turnbuckles and captured rod ends
- Captured rod ends won't pop off for superior durability
- Precision hex hardware throughout
- Efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks™ with X-ring technology
- Progressive rate white powder coated shock springs feature a race-tuned responsive spring rate
- Dual-bellcrank steering with integrated servo saver
- Heavy-duty telescoping universal-joint driveshafts, built for brushless power
- New brushless-specific suspension settings for enhanced high-speed handling and stability
- Slash VXL is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
Length: 22.36 inches (568mm)
Front Track: 11.65 inches (296mm)
Rear Track: 11.65 inches (296mm)
Weight: 90.37oz (2.562kg)
Height (overall): 8.425 inches (214mm)
Wheelbase: 13.2 inches (335mm)
Top Speed: 35+mph stock. 60+mph With optional gearing and 3S LiPo battery (items sold separately).
Skill Level: 1
Battery Tray Dimensions: 165x49.5x23mm, 25mm
Needed to Complete:
- (4) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
This product was added to our catalog on April 20, 2017.