Slash 4X4 LCG "Platinum" Brushless 1/10 4WD Short Course Truck by Traxxas
This is the Traxxas Slash 4X4 "Platinum" Edition Brushless 1/10 Scale 4WD Short Course Truck. The next-generation Slash 4X4 Platinum Edition pushes the performance envelope farther than ever with a redesigned Low-CG chassis that delivers superior handling, maximum corner speed, and lightning fast steering response. Higher speeds make the suspension work harder, so the Platinum Edition includes GTR hard-anodized aluminum shocks with PTFE-coated 13mm bores and titanium-nitride shafts for smooth, consistent damping lap after lap. The Platinum Edition then checks off nearly every box on the Slash 4X4 option sheet to deliver the ultimate in short-course racing performance. The final touches are up to you; Slash 4X4 Platinum Edition is fully assembled and ready to complete with your radio system and battery, and the clear body letís you apply your signature style.
- GTR Shocks: The hard anodized GTR shocks feature PTFE-coated 13mm bores for ultra-smooth damping action.
- Low CG Chassis: The redesigned low CG chassis positions the battery and electronics as low as possible for superior high speed handling
- Electronics: The proven Velneon Brushless Power System is LiPo ready with built-in Low Voltage Detection.
- Aluminum: In addition to everything that already makes the Slash 4X4 great, the Platinum Edition adds blue aluminum C-Hubs, blue aluminum Steering Blocks, blue aluminum Rear Hub Carriers and blue aluminum Axle Nuts.
- Body: The Lexan body shell comes clear from the factory. This lets you apply your signature style or paint scheme the way you want it.
Slash Platinum Features:
- Low-CG chassis design
- Hard-anodized GTR aluminum shocks with PTFE-coated
- 13mm bores and 3.5mm titanium-nitride shafts
- Clear body with overspray film and window masks
- Choose your own radio system and battery (not included).
- Blue-anodized aluminum C-hubs, steering blocks, rear hub carriers and axle nuts
- Front and rear swaybars with optional extra-stiff swaybar set
- Officially-licensed BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A tires molded in soft S1 compound
- Telescoping universal-joint driveshafts
- Included optional sealed center differential installs in minutes in place of the Torque-Control slipper clutch
- Bellcrank steering system with integrated servo saver
- Powerful, efficient Velineon Brushless Power System
- Digital, ball bearing waterproof steering servo
- Waterproof electronics Ė race in dirt, mud, and water
- Blue-anodized, lightweight aluminum driveshaft
- Revo-spec sealed, silicone-filled differentials
- Heavy Duty 4mm steel turnbuckles
- Efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings
- High-quality hex hardware throughout
- Assembled Slash 4X4 Platinum Edition Truck
- Motor, Electronic Speed Control and Steering Servo (installed)
- Clear Body
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- 2S 7.4V LiPo Battery or 6-Cell 7.2V NiMH Battery
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Polycarbonate Paint for body
- (4) "AA" Batteries
This product was added to our catalog on December 10, 2012.
I have no idea how it does bashing, I've never tried. I'd assume its alright there as well.)
I used it to bash at my local park and i really love it, very fast, and great on jumps. The stock tires pair nice with this car if your bashing or want to drift on short grass at high speed. Chuck in a 3s lipo and watch this thing go sideways on short grass, really fun to watch and drive.
The extra's that come with the car are a plus, really love the tools that are included, and customization of the shell is a plus, you get a heap load of decals as well
This car is for the pro and the beginner, 5 stars.)
I kept it for about 2 years and ran it only on 3 with the same stock electronics. I got tired of it and a buddy of mine had an extra Kyosho Inferno GT1 Subaru WRC rally car body. I was the first person to convert the SCT into a rally beast. I had a blast with it especially 1/8 rally tires setup on a short course chassis that I internally limited.
Eventually I sold it and missed the "I don't care if I wreck it feeling" so I got a good deal from my buddy who owns a LHS here in Houston. Sold all the junk Traxxas electronics this time and threw in a Castle MMP SCT edition along with the 4 pole 3800kv beast. Ran the only servo I had at the time which was a 5645mg. It was fine I wasn't going to need super fast turning I was only going to bash and jump.
I figured Traxxas still never upgraded the things I broke on the first generation Platinum Edition:
"Titanium" hinge pins are not true titanium....you can bend them in half with two pliers. Look for Lunsford for replacement of u do a lot of high jumps.
I also found both differentials were filled with like a half grease half oil substance! What happened Traxxas?! After seeing all that I tore the entire rig down to make sure I Was not missing bearings, shims, screws, or anything that would cause disaster son.
I immediately upgraded all A arms to RPM, all hinge pins to Lunsford, changed motor mount to the aluminum King Headz mount with a larger bearing, bought new basher trencher tires as well a proline's twist mount system and bought a new Silverado body.
Looks like Traxxas is back in my life LOL.)